Subject: Preemptive Bits Analysis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Collin Schrader
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hoping some of you might indulge me in dissecting the pictures we have of this set. As it looks like everything in the master set is recycled from previous Heroscape terrain and D&D Miniatures, identifying the contents should just be a matter of process. This is of particular interest to me, as I like the D&D Minis line, and there are a couple in this set I know are on my wishlist.

I'm making this post primarily to positively identify the components, but if anyone is so inclined, this could also be the place to do a teensy bit of speculation about the bits, if Serendipity so touches you.

The identification I could probably do on my own with a little bit of time, but that's exactly what I lack at the moment -- I'm moving houses, and my Halloween job is starting. So rather than wait a few days and post my analysis myself, I thought I'd get the ball rolling right now.

There are a skimpy ten figures total. Skimpiness is relative to master set 1. I've identified seven as of posting this, listed nine of them, and I can't seem to spot the tenth in any pictures...

With a quick glance, I see:

Tandros Kreel is the miniature Human Fighter
Erevan Sunshadow is the miniature Eladrin Pyromancer
Darrak Ambershard is the miniature Dwarf Warsword
Ana Karithon is the miniature Cleric of Sune

The black dragon is the miniature Large Black Dragon, despite not being all that large.
The Drow with sword in right hand, swung behind his head, and shield in left hand, is the miniature Drow Enforcer
Drow with a...wand(?) is ???
Drow with awful, hopefully unfinished paint job, sword in left hand and shield in right, is ???
I assume the previous three are some kind of Drow warrior patrol common squad.
The troll is the miniature Feral Troll

I spot
Recycled, repainted glaciers. Now stalagmites, it seems.
Non-sparkly water
Black terrain tiles. At least one stalagmite is sitting on these, as is a Drow. Shadow spaces, maybe?

Additionally, confirmed sighting of several species of Jones Soda. Presumably their use is related to their deliciousness, with directly proportional point costs, somewhere in the neighborhood of Agent Carr.

Perhaps someone who actually attended PAX can shed further light on all this?

Also, please note the miniature names I've given are from when D&D Miniatures was in its original blind CMG format. The names may have been changed for any recycled sculpts in the newer releases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There's more detail about this on Heroscapers.com. Folks have figured out what's what regarding the recycled miniatures there.

Yes, those are shadow spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raistlin
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pathetic...
Miniature recycle is really the worst thing I can imagine for the great Heroscape. And not only they are recycled, but they are also smaller and different... what a terrible idea.
In the past I bought all sets/expansions for Heroscape, but I will not buy that trash.

For me Heroscape ends here... (finally, maybe )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm increasingly skeptical too. One of the major hooks of this game was the high quality of the bits, and the fact that they didn't recycle anything...even the sculpts of figures within a squad were all different. Repaints as convention giveaways were all well and good, but now we're seeing an official repaint release (Wave 10) and these lesser quality figures...I've seen the D&D figures these are based on now, and the human-sized ones simply don't match the Heroscape style. They can get away with recycling the dragon (I've seen the dragon figure from D&D firsthand and it looks fine as a smaller type of dragon), and they could use the troll perhaps (if they called it something else to differentiate it from Krug) and they might be able to sneak the Drow in there since we have no reference for how big a Drow should be in the HS world (they could explain them away as being slightly smaller than elves). But humans should be human-sized...these are too tiny when placed alongside the standard HS figs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindsey Dubb
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
It looks to me like Pelloth is the "Drow Wand Mage". The three Deepwyrm Drow are the "Drow Enforcer", "Drow Spiderguard", and "Spiderbound Drow Warrior."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.