Subject: Dungeons and Dragons 4e, The Solo Dungeon Crawl Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Curt Ligot
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Here is a short review I did in the 4e Starter Set as a solo game...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3908480#3908480

If anyone else is curious about or is already playing solo I started this thread for players to post ideas, ask questions, or whatever pertains to the subject.

Curt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Ligot
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Wether you play this solo or not there are some great resourses to get started.

-ADVENTURE H1 KEEP ON THE SHADOW FELL
A very combat orientated adventure. It comes with quickstart rules, premade characters, and some huge maps for the battles.

-FIERY DRAGONS FREE GAME COUNTERS FOR ADVENTURE H1
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=5...
If you dont have minis (like me) this is a great find!!

-D AND D INSIDER
Download this free demo program. With it you generate characters and level them up to level 3. Very cool program. I just made a Minotaur barbarian.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Ligot
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Talisman Frog wrote:
Say you buy the official tiles for 4th edition...DU1-5 etc., is there a set of cards out there for random dungeon generation?

How do you randomly setup tables for creature encounters?

I know you can print off all the images of the minis for your own minis.

The DM guide only has 2 pages on this (random dungeons/random encounters), so really the DM guide is worthless for these ideas.

I think the players guide and the monster manuals look awesome though!

I can see how you think the 2 Pages for randomn dungeon generation is useless. Though I havent used it yet the foundation is there. I wont judge it until I've tried it at least a few times.

They actually have a pretty useful section on how to make a deck of randomn monster encounters. Having, fun, exciting encounters relies on making sure they have a variety of the different roles of the monsters (lurkers, soliders, etc) and how to adjust difficulty for your party. The DM guide does a good job of covering this.

Right now I'm just playing my way through KEEP OVER SHADFELL. This way I can 1) Level up my characters 2) Practice tactics 3) Learn how to build challenging, fun, balanced encounters 4) Learn how to make effective characters

To be honest I dont really plan on doing the randomn dungeon thing too much. I plan to set it up almost like a gladiator game. Set up encounters (ex: some drow blade fighters, umber hulks, driders) set up the terrain (ex: spiked pit, etc). If I win the fight gain XP and maybe some treasure and/or magic items. (*There is a guide on how to put together level appropriate treasure packs).

Im still really new at this but feel free to ask me any questions. I'd love to touch base with people who actually do this. I tried posting on the Wizards forum and got bashed for playing solo. Pretty funny how a bunch of D and D gamers are giving me sh*t for doing something nerdy...lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.