Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Owen
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone written rules for combining Space Hulk 1E or 2E with Advanced Space Crusade?

Considering this idea, do you see any difficulties using Space Hulk 3E with Advanced Space Crusade?

How I am thinking of combining the two games is based on the photograph of a German Web site known by BGG members. Space Hulk tiles were arranged around a "Tyranid lair" of Advanced Space Crusade board sections.

The old Aliens computer game had a scenario where four Marines needed to escape the Aliens lair. Leaving the lair led to a maze of Reactor Room corridors. This area needed to be traveled to reach the APC to escape and end the scenario.

How do the new Terminators fair against Tyranid Warriors?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
can you please give us the link to that photograph ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
owenmp wrote:
The old Aliens computer game had a scenario where four Marines needed to escape the Aliens lair. Leaving the lair led to a maze of Reactor Room corridors. This area needed to be traveled to reach the APC to escape and end the scenario.

That game was *awesome*!!! I loved how it was 4 different games packed together, flying to the surface, running away, shooting aliens, b!tch smacking the queen.

Good times...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
as a great "Aliens" fan, i cannot remember this game based on your descriptions ?

can you give me a link ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Owen
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Space Hulk Becker F.
http://spacehulk.beckerf.de
http://spacehulk.beckerf.de/assets/images/SH_Muroco1.jpg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was made by Activision in 1986, and I played it on the Commodore 64. Here's some screen caps:

What I loved about this game was that it was more like 4 games squeezed into one. The first game was flying down to the planet. You had to fly through the "path" to make it to the planet. The next game was getting your four marines out alive. Then kill a bunch of aliens, then go find Newt, and finally fight the queen.

For the time, it was a really fun game

http://members.tripod.com/CORP_HICKS/videogames.html has a bunch of Aliens based games, this one is the third one down the list.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph LaClair
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They printed rules in White Dwarf for using Terminators in Advanced Space Crusade. I would just use the rules for Advanced Space Crusade with the new miniatures rather than trying to fit 3rd edtion rules (other than the Librarian) into the old game. Problem with the rules as given in White Dwarf for the Terminators is they seemed to be a bit overpowering, especially if you had a Librarian. So maybe just for the Librarian let him use the new rules just as is, see how it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Variants section of the Adv Space Crusade book has a section for combining it with Space Hulk and the core rules include Terminators allready.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.