Popular Tags: [View All]
Harvey O'Brien
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
badge
...easy ...easy ...eeesay...
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else find their cards warping? I bought the game quite a while ago in Neutral Ground, NY (now defunct). It's been sitting peacefully on the shelf (along with plenty of other games, so it's not a general problem with damp or anything), but when I opened it to mix in the 'castle' expansion, I found all the cards had warped. Very strange. Just me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. Just checked mine and there does seem to be some warping. Nothing so bad as to have game impact, but definitely notiecable. I wonder of the new box isn't tight enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I vaguely recall that mine were warped when I got them. I gently bent them back and they've been fine ever since.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that they are using a thinner cardstock than they used to. MPF and Zombie Fluxx 1.0 both have 100 cards, but ZF's stack is noticeably taller. (ZF 1.1 uses the thinner cardstock, I believe.) This is probably why they are more prone to warping. But as Jeff said, I believe this is easily remedied by curling them the opposite direction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a sign. God works in mysterious ways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just opened a new copy. Cards very warped and resistant to straightening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
Yes. All Fluxx card are a mess since LL switched to the new terrible inconvenient packaging. I assume they've gotten enough feedback that once they run through their stock they'll go back to the old boxes. Everyone I know (who has Fluxx) hates it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldaron wrote:
Yes. All Fluxx card are a mess since LL switched to the new terrible inconvenient packaging. I assume they've gotten enough feedback that once they run through their stock they'll go back to the old boxes. Everyone I know (who has Fluxx) hates it.

My experience is different. I have all the Fluxx games, and none of them were warped. I like the new boxes, preferring them to the old ones, and I haven't had an problem with them. My understanding is that the retailers greatly prefer them too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hall
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Old thread, but didn't want to start a new one on the same subject.

I just got my first Fluxx set, which is the MP version. It was brand new, and unopened, but from the original printing in 2008 or whenever it was.

All of my cards are warped. I came here looking to see if this is normal and found this thread. Mine do seem to respond to being bent back in the other direction, but not as well as I'd like yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.