Doug Cooley
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Me rocking out with my band, which you can hear at www.raindriver.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I was not able to find this in the rules (which are very good in general, btw), or in the forums for this game. Apologies if this has been asked and answered, or was there all the time.

Simply this: Are brigades in armies (and thus on the organizational sheet for each side) private or public knowledge? In other words, do I know the combat differential before I decide to move into a space, or only once I do?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the scrub
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure this information is not public.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Rogers
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
They're Young, They're in Love... They eat LARD
mbmbmbmbmb
dcooley wrote:
I was not able to find this in the rules (which are very good in general, btw), or in the forums for this game. Apologies if this has been asked and answered, or was there all the time.

Simply this: Are brigades in armies (and thus on the organizational sheet for each side) private or public knowledge? In other words, do I know the combat differential before I decide to move into a space, or only once I do?

Thanks in advance.

Check section 16.0 Fog of War
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC, you know the number of brigades, but not their identity or quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No they are not. You can work them out sometimes- if you've memorised the starting position then its fairly easy to track armies in turn 1, and of course, a battle will reveal the cotents of the armies fighting in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
sdiberar wrote:
IIRC, you know the number of brigades, but not their identity or quality.

That is my memory of the rule too. That way, you have an idea as to the size of the opposing army, but not to the quality (veteran vs militia).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spacegras
Canada
St. John's
NL
flag msg tools
Bring on the hordes, we have the sword that smote the Goblin of Gygaxnor.
badge
HooDoo Operator
mbmbmbmbmb
epilgrim wrote:
Check section 16.0 Fog of War

page 25

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Cooley
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Me rocking out with my band, which you can hear at www.raindriver.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent. We were playing in a fairly limited window of time and thus made the decision to keep it private without finding that particular section, and didn't think to look under Fog of War in the index (which in hindsight is a logical choice as it's such a common term in wargaming).

Otherwise, I have to say that these rules are very clear, and the index quite useful. With rules for some of the chrome (such as the Covenenter forces) spread throughout the book, having that index makes a huge difference.

Thanks for all of the assistance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.