Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
steve marsh
United States
Utica
ny
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just thought I'd throw this up cause I thought it was cool.

Stewards to thin down the deck, and I'm a mad thinner. Grab 4 Ironworks, then villages (4) and in this case mining villages (4) as well, Doesn't take long with Ironworks, also stewards start helping you draw cards quickly, then grab 4 bridges. No money needed for this deck. You should be able to get all these by the forth time through your deck, or less. Then drop 4 bridges and 4 iron works for 5 provinces! game over.

Rare that you get all those cards together in a random mix, but it happened and the results were sweet.

anyways, probbly not orginal to everyone but it was for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Korneliussen
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
What were the other players doing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Richards
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just won the other day in a three player game using a similar strategy. It happened so fast that the others were completely taken off guard. I am sure they won't let it happen again.

Here are the cards I ended up with before I made a purchase of 43 victory points in one turn.

1 Steward to thin my deck and use for money at the end of the game
7 Mining Villages (When my oppenents saw what I was doing, they tried to purchase them, but I snatched up the last four in one turn)
4 Conspirators
3 or 4 (Can't remember exactly) Laboratories
4 Bridges
4 Ironworks

Other cards in the game that I didn't purchase included Cellar, Moneylender, Trading Post, and Market.

My first buys were a Steward and an Ironworks. After that I don't remember the exact order, but I focused on more Ironwords, so I had four pretty quickly, two bridges early in order to use them to get Laboratories, and as many Mining Villages as I could get. There was a time where I gained 6 cards in one turn, four with my Ironworks, and two with the money and extra buys from Bridge and Conspirators. The turn after that I drew my entire hand and played Mining Villages and Bridges to get the Provinces to four cost cards. I next played my four Ironworks to grab four Provinces (24 points). I had played four Conspirators and one Steward to have 10 coins and five buys. At four coins a piece I purchased two more Provinces for a total of six.(36 points). I still had three buys and two coins so I purchased two Duchies at one coin a piece for a total of six Provinces and two Duchies (42 points). Finally, with only one buy left and no money, I purchased an Estate (43 points). After I did that, we ended the game. I don't remember but I think one or two Provinces had been purchased by the other players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
filovirus wrote:
The turn after that I drew my entire hand and played Mining Villages and Bridges to get the Provinces to four cost cards. I next played my four Ironworks to grab four Provinces (24 points). I had played four Conspirators and one Steward to have 10 coins and five buys. At four coins a piece I purchased two more Provinces for a total of six.(36 points). I still had three buys and two coins so I purchased two Duchies at one coin a piece for a total of six Provinces and two Duchies (42 points). Finally, with only one buy left and no money, I purchased an Estate (43 points). After I did that, we ended the game. I don't remember but I think one or two Provinces had been purchased by the other players.

If you had trashed the Mining Villages, you would have had 24 coins for a grand total of 10 Provinces...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Richards
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just so excited that this didn't even cross my mind until you just now brought it up. LOL. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.