Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey Speer
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Gravity Falls
badge
Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, bye!
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else's cards for Something Wicked larger than the cards in the base game? I tried integrating Hero Pack 1 and Something Wicked this evening only to discover the cards are larger than the cards that were in my base game. They stick out of the piles by enough of a margin to be able to see them, feel them, and cut to them...

I wonder, is it another first edition issue? I had a first edition of LNOE, and I preordered ATOE, so I'm sure I ended up with a first edition of that as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no problems whatsoever - but I only bought my copy a few months ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy has that problem. I picked up A Touch of Evil: Something Wicked Expansion & A Touch of Evil: Hero Pack 1 last weekend at Gateway convention in LA. Tonight I just punched it all out and sorted all the goodies. Noticed the cards are slightly taller in the expansions. At first I was kind of annoyed but there's so many cards now with the 2 web expansions too that I'm not sure its a big deal. There are so many decks to deal with while playing I can't imagine anyone noticing what card is coming up. I do have the first printing of A Touch of Evil: The Supernatural Game.

The one thing I was disappointed in was the plastic insert in A Touch of Evil: Something Wicked Expansion. They could of made it to support 3 card slots like the original game's insert but instead made it just big enough to hold its own cards. With the web expansions and hero 1 cards I just had too much. To solve the problem, I threw it out and with a few plastic card boxes can get all of it to fit in both boxes. Don't need the A Touch of Evil: Hero Pack 1 box anymore. When they did the Last Night on Earth: Growing Hunger insert they planned ahead with lots of extra card space. Wish they did it with Something Wicked. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer to keep everything in the original box.
I use the Heroes box as a compartment for the miniatures inside the big box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Speer
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Gravity Falls
badge
Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, bye!
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
At first I was kind of annoyed but there's so many cards now with the 2 web expansions too that I'm not sure its a big deal. There are so many decks to deal with while playing I can't imagine anyone noticing what card is coming up. I do have the first printing of A Touch of Evil: The Supernatural Game.

I'll try mixing them all together anyway and give it a go. I don't have the two web expansions yet - they're coming in the mail.

I threw out the insert for ATOE and LNOE - then I can usually fit everything in the main box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Gaskill
United States
Bridgeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had another Thread on this either here or on the base game Forum.
So obviously some people do have this problem.

I went back (yet again)& checked my AToE,SWTWC,Hero Pack & the
other suppliment cards & they are all the same size.My AToE was
1st printing.

OD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
We just played the game last night with everything and the card size problem had no bearing on the game. There is a ton of card decks out! No one paid attention to the slight size difference between the original game and expansion cards. With Something Wicked added the board is quite large so whoever was near a deck would hand out the cards.

On a game with just one draw deck this would be a serious problem but this game is overwhelming with decks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Anderson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to let you guys know I have had these sort of problems with Flying Frog stuff and they never hassled me about replacing the cards. I had a whole deck of cards bent up in Growing Hunger and I had a bunch of single cards messed up in A Touch of Evil. They replaced all of them after I e-mailed them my address and everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jon c.
msg tools
I picked up ATOE a couple weeks ago, and Something Wicked / Hero Pack 1 soon after that. The cards in SW are definitely larger than those from ATOE and HP1. The size difference makes shuffling a little awkward and I feel like the larger cards get a lot of wear from shuffling. I like this game a lot, but I feel that this might be something I ask Flying Frog to resolve for me.

EDIT : After looking at the cards a little more closely, it seems the HP1 cards are also larger than original ATOE cards. It looks like they might be an iota bigger than the SW cards too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rathman
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmb
Most of my Something Wicked cards were slightly larger as well. By enough to stand out, but not by enough that can't be more or less fixed with careful shuffling. The really odd thing, though, is that the Lair cards are exactly the same size. o_O

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
captcoward wrote:
I picked up ATOE a couple weeks ago, and Something Wicked / Hero Pack 1 soon after that. The cards in SW are definitely larger than those from ATOE and HP1. The size difference makes shuffling a little awkward and I feel like the larger cards get a lot of wear from shuffling. I like this game a lot, but I feel that this might be something I ask Flying Frog to resolve for me.

EDIT : After looking at the cards a little more closely, it seems the HP1 cards are also larger than original ATOE cards. It looks like they might be an iota bigger than the SW cards too.

skeletalwolf28 wrote:
Most of my Something Wicked cards were slightly larger as well. By enough to stand out, but not by enough that can't be more or less fixed with careful shuffling. The really odd thing, though, is that the Lair cards are exactly the same size. o_O

Same experience by me... the shuffling gets a little painful. I started thinking about some kind of card protectors, but it will boost all the affected deck sizes, too soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Rathert
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just purchased SW and I have the same problem with the expansion cards being bigger. I emailed FFP and they said that there was nothing they could do because all of their expansions cards are larger. They said that they get their printing done in China, and they informed them that this is not acceptable. This is not what I wanted to hear. They said that other customers with the same issue, simply sleeved them and this solved the problem. Well duh, it does solve the card size problem but I am a little frustrated that I now have to go and purchase sleeves for both AToE and SW.
Hmmm, I wonder if they will pay for all of those sleeves I need to buy to fix the problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not sleeved my cards, and found no issue worth complaining about during play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Baker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
I have not sleeved my cards, and found no issue worth complaining about during play!

Same here.

Not to downplay the annoyance of those more discerning to the issue, but we have no problems whatsoever with the size or coloring differences being reported in these expansions.

Yes, they are there.
No, they do not effect the fun factor.

Again, in no way do I mean to poke at the disappointment others have been voicing; we have all paid our hard-earned money and deserve that much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Cranor
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The annoying thing about the larger cards is not just that they feel weird during shuffling but also the mechanics of bridge shuffling seem to make them want to clump up. I think because they will tend to be 'friction points'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.