Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Sutton
Australia
Moruya
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could anyone tell me the size of the map in this game? I have just bought this on e bay and want to start getting my head around where I'll play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Glass
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The map itself is 55" long but you'll need more room than that for charts etc. However, one of the most irritating things about this game the VG ever did was made the hex size EXACTLY the same as the counter size. I actually think the hexes are very slightly smaller. So its not that the density is too great, its just that things start to get shifted out of their hexes when you have a lot of units adjacent.

I enlarged my map to 7' long and then had my map laminated. Had a friend with a scanner and we simply scanned it in, photo blended the edges, then took the disc with the photo to a print shop and roll-printed it. My controlling criteria was a 34" wide table with multiple leaves that could extend the lenght to over 10', but the result is that the hexes are closer to Panzer Leader size and really looks great on a long table.

Congrats on getting an excellent game that plays good with 2, 3, or 4 players.

Ron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hughes
Australia
Surfers Paradise
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moruya23 wrote:
Could anyone tell me the size of the map in this game? I have just bought this on e bay and want to start getting my head around where I'll play it.

Well, if you're anywhere near Sydney, you could play it at my place...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Sutton
Australia
Moruya
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks very much - most helpful. I like your idea of expanding the map but the problem at my place is finding room. Increasing the size of things makes that even harder!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.