Popular Tags: [View All]
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I am in the middle of a small project right now so haven't spent the time to figure this out.

I am trying to get a handle on how Super Crisis Cards have changed with Pegasus.

1) If you reveal as a Cylon and you started as human Character, you get a Super Crisis Card.
2) If you were revealed through Execution, you do NOT get a SCC.
3) If you are revealed as a Sympathizer, whether or not you had a "You are a Cylon Card" you do NOT get a SCC.
4) Cylon Leaders do NOT start the game with SCC (is this correct??)
5) Any Cylon - Leader, Sympathizer, Executed, or "Normal" - can draw a SCC by going through Resurrection Ship again (this is the main point I am trying to grasp)

So even if you are revealed and do NOT get the SCC, you have a chance to do so if you can get back into the Resurrection ship? Is that right? Or will their be no actual means to do that if you are a "special" Cylon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes if you can get to the Resurrection ship, you can get a supercrisis, whatever type of cylon you are.

I agree all your 5 points Brian, although it should be noted that once you leave the resurrection ship you can't necessarily return, unless you are a cylon leader who must infiltrate first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct on all points. As Dave said Cylons can't just go to the resurrection ship (it's a hazardous condition). Once a Cylon leaves the only way back is to infilitrate then return (Cylon Leaders) or if a Cylon is executed on New Caprica after Galactica has returned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Simon
United States
Ashley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sympathetic Cylons (Sympathizers in Pegasus) can now also infiltrate. So it is possible for them to end up making a return trip to the Resurrection Ship and grab another Super Crisis card as well as the Leaders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Thulhu?
Mexico
Sonora
flag msg tools
|)@r+# +#¿£#¿
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One other change is that Cylons on the Rez can park there and accumulate multiple SCCs at the cost of low skill draw, since they don't discard to get a new one. Potentially lets them stock up and open a few rounds of whoop-ass if they've revealed early.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
So is it possible to get through the deck of 10 SCC? I was told originally by Corey that whether discarded or played, SCCs from the base game are permanently out of the game. But if it is possible to get through the whole deck, either by hording or playing, it is possible that you would need to reshuffle the discards, if any. So would played SCC be considered out of the game or discarded?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I vote for discarded. But since Corey told you they are out of the game I guess that means Crisis decks can run out. This in theory would apply to the main and New Caprica crisis decks though it is highly unlikely they would be exhausted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A side question. Infiltration can only be done by Leaders and sympatheic cylons? Cause the new Human Fleet location says you can Infiltrate from there. I was concerned that meant ANY cylon could infiltrate from there. But only Leader & Sympathizer?

(I ask this here since that is the only real way to get back to RezShip , Infilitrate, re-reveal (so to speak) and return-to-sender/rezship.)

So what if, after the fleet returns, a cylon on New Caprica gets offed by the Resisitance HQ task? They would show up on Rez ship, right?

Gerry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Simon
United States
Ashley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
So is it possible to get through the deck of 10 SCC? I was told originally by Corey that whether discarded or played, SCCs from the base game are permanently out of the game. But if it is possible to get through the whole deck, either by hording or playing, it is possible that you would need to reshuffle the discards, if any. So would played SCC be considered out of the game or discarded?

My gut would be that played Super Crisis Cards would be removed from the game, just so that the you could not have the unlikely (but theoretically possible) situation in a six-player game with a Cylon Leader, and two unrevealed Cylons (one of which reveals very early) where the Cylon Leader and the revealed Cylon take all of the SCC and then play something like "Massive Assault". Then the unrevealed Cylon reveals, picking up the only SCC card left, the discarded "Massive Assault" then plays it again immediately. In theory, the CL could then infiltrate, reveal and then pick up the "Massive Assault" card to play it a third time.

It would also create possible situations wherein Colonial One could be bombed and destroyed multiple times in a game.

The downside would be that I suppose it could be possible for all SCC to have been grabbed by the time a late revealing Cylon player gets to the Resurrection Ship, but I think that would still make more sense to me than the situation wherein multiple SCC cards could be played, discarded, then picked up much like in the pre-expansion rules the "Authorize Brutal Force" Quorum Card could be used, discarded, picked up, then used again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Cylons have spent enough actions drawing Super Crises that the deck runs out, the humans are probably close enough to victory that it doesn't matter whether you reshuffle the discards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.