Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Wrobel
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all, I hate to do this...but I did a trade in July with a trader in Canada and mailed my games. They were delivered (tracking) but I have not heard or received anything from this user. He has not logged into BGG since either.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/crp_rulz
CR Holmes
(crp_rulz)

1578E Oceanspray Rd
Lazo BC
V0R 2K0

I do not mean to slander anyone but I do not want to be ripped off of my copy of Axis and Allies Anniversary Edition (I traded a lot for it). Our messaging pre-trade were very cordial and then he proposed a trade after much negotiation. I do not know what happened to him.

If anyone has any contact info on this person, please pass it on. I did alert Octavian.

I just hope the game arrives and the trader has a good reason to be absent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
fyi... to link to a user it's actually better to use

[ username = crp_rulz ] (w/out the spaces)

which will yield

CR Holmes
Canada
lazo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb

could be something serious has happened to this person as they have an otherwise positive trade history (I remember them being in at least a couple math trades). Sadly they only have 1 geek buddy and is on another person's geek buddy list and both are in the USA so likely no one that knows this person up in Canada.

Maybe you should post here the name/address you sent your game to... someone may be able to help locate a phone number for this person with that info so you can try giving them a phone call...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat T
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ejwrobel wrote:
Hello all, I hate to do this...but I did a trade in July with a trader in Canada and mailed my games. They were delivered (tracking) but I have not heard or received anything from this user. He has not logged into BGG since either.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/crp_rulz
CR Holmes
(crp_rulz)

1578E Oceanspray Rd
Lazo BC
V0R 2K0

I do not mean to slander anyone but I do not want to be ripped off of my copy of Axis and Allies Anniversary Edition (I traded a lot for it). Our messaging pre-trade were very cordial and then he proposed a trade after much negotiation. I do not know what happened to him.

If anyone has any contact info on this person, please pass it on. I did alert Octavian.

I just hope the game arrives and the trader has a good reason to be absent.

See if you can find any others from Courtenay or Comox on bgg, they might be able to help. It looks as if this addy is on First Nations land, if that is of any help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the likelihood that he is a member of the Canadian Air Force...i.e. the insignia on his name???

Perhaps he is on active duty unable to reply...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like he logged in today - has he responded to you and/or youir inquiries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Wrobel
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
no, not yet. I did send another PM. Thanks all for the ideas. I will gladly close this thread (and absolve of any misgivings) if all gets resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Wrobel
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: potential bad trader (some contact made)
I did just call him and he said he will be mailing. More soon hopefully.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.