Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Campbell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
I played what became Homesteaders a few times in an earlier version which our weekly game group called "Alex's Game". Others will post detailed reviews after publication, but I'd like to take the opportunity beforehand to offer a brief recommendation.

Even in its earlier larval and pupal stages, Homesteaders was already a good game that reflected Alex's design sensibility. Alex is a fan of games that offer real depth, reward study and "get inside your head". To those of us here on BGG who appreciate the effort and attention he puts into understanding these games, the upcoming release of his first design should be an exciting development. I'm reminded of Caylus, another good game by a hardcore-fan-turned-new-designer, and I'm very much looking forward to Homesteaders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jim!

I'm really looking forward to everybody being able to play it, and to see what you all think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up this and Terra Prime from Tasty Mintrel's great 2 for 1 deal they have going on (available via subscription to their blog). I'm looking forward to both, but this one in particular. I love me some auction games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.