Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Steam» Forums » Rules

Subject: Placing a complex non-town tile on an empty hex....any limitations? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Brandt
United States
Manchester
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Steam rules on page 11 of my edition, in the bottom left section it shows an example of someone placing a complex tile that has two independent tracks on it, on an empty hex.One of the tracks starts at one city, the other starts at another. Now, knowing that two cities being within one hex of each other is not very common, I wondered how this rule would be expanded. For instance, as your building track some distance away from any city (or town?) can a player put down a piece of complex track like this and not connect to the other section of track? If so, is thisw portion of track anyones? I can see from the example in the rules how a complex could be put on an emply hex, but is this always the case, no matter where you put it (besides edge of board, etc)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
done111 wrote:
For instance, as your building track some distance away from any city (or town?) can a player put down a piece of complex track like this and not connect to the other section of track?

No. Each piece of track you put down is owned by you (at least for the time being), and must be traceable back to a city following your own track. You cannot lay down 'orphan' track. So, in order to lay down 'complex non-town tile' you must be in a situation to still satisfy these requirements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Kruchak
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
Don't turn me off.
badge
A true friend stabs you in the front. (O.W.)
mbmbmbmbmb
How about on page 10 (regarding improving existing track), the first picture in which green improves as curve track belonging to black into a 4 exit track (curve cut by straigh north/south). How does the ownership of the links work in this case? Black keeps the previous link (blue city to Boston) and green keeps the link going north (both black and green markers on the same track tile)?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. oeppel
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quertzacoalt wrote:
Black keeps the previous link (blue city to Boston) and green keeps the link going north (both black and green markers on the same track tile)?

Yes, ownership of existing track does not change. Since a link is usually longer than 1 tile, simply place the ownership marker on one of the other tiles to avoid ambiguities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.