Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Compton
United States
La Plata
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Modern Conflict Studies Group reached the pre-order level for their Battle for Baghdad boardgame. MCSG will stop taking pre-orders on 15 September 2009. The game files will be submitted to the print bureau at that time.

The MSRP is currently projected for $79.95. (The current pre-order price is $46.95, for anyone who still wishes to get their order in before the deadline. See the order information on the MCSG website – www.mcsgroup.org.)

The printer has not yet provided a turn around time, but we expect to begin shipping product by mid-November.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Pow
United States
Catonsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
How about now?
badge
Looking for my next game
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay!

Looking forward to playing this, looks like it will be an interesting experience

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Compton
United States
La Plata
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
We got word from the printer. It looks like mid-December before shipping starts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's just a ride...
England
Bury St Edmunds
For now.
flag msg tools
badge
mb
How do you know the printing is eminent if it hasn't been printed yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawkeye
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I believe he meant imminent:

Main Entry: im·mi·nent
Pronunciation: \ˈi-mə-nənt\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin imminent-, imminens, present participle of imminēre to project, threaten, from in- + -minēre (akin to Latin mont-, mons mountain) — more at mount
Date: 1528

: ready to take place; especially : hanging threateningly over one's head

— im·mi·nent·ly adverb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's just a ride...
England
Bury St Edmunds
For now.
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Misterhawk wrote:

I believe he meant imminent:

Main Entry: im·mi·nent
Pronunciation: \ˈi-mə-nənt\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin imminent-, imminens, present participle of imminēre to project, threaten, from in- + -minēre (akin to Latin mont-, mons mountain) — more at mount
Date: 1528

: ready to take place; especially : hanging threateningly over one's head

— im·mi·nent·ly adverb

Yes, I know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawkeye
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I knew you knew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's just a ride...
England
Bury St Edmunds
For now.
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Misterhawk wrote:
I knew you knew

Ah, ok, sorry dude blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Compton
United States
La Plata
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
It is both imminent and pre-eminent! I have seen printer proofs and it looks great. Should be on schedule for a December shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawkeye
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pity it wasn't out months ago.Will there be a Battle for Afghanistan game to follow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Compton
United States
La Plata
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Re: Printing Now
Unlikely to be a game on Afghanistan using this system, although we will likely do one using the MWA game system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawkeye
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
irratejon wrote:
Unlikely to be a game on Afghanistan using this system, although we will likely do one using the MWA game system.

Which is ... what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Compton
United States
La Plata
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Millennium Wars Advanced

We just finished up an iteration of the system for ATO called States of Conflict.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawkeye
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
irratejon wrote:
Millennium Wars Advanced

We just finished up an iteration of the system for ATO called States of Conflict.

Um .. Sorry, I don't think that MWA will even come close to capturing the complexity of the Afghan War. You'd be much better off trying to do something like Battle for Baghdad set in Kunar or Nuristan or down south.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Compton
United States
La Plata
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I don't see how you could know that given that the system hasn't been released yet and very few have even seen the complete system beyond States of Conflict, which is only a subset.

That said, if Battle for Baghdad proves popular, we may revisit that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh "Der Spieler" Spillers
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the final rulebook with the example of play be posted online?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawkeye
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
irratejon wrote:
I don't see how you could know that given that the system hasn't been released yet and very few have even seen the complete system beyond States of Conflict, which is only a subset.

I'm only going by what I saw about when I looked it up on the internet. If you know more about, do share. I'd love to find something that fit the bill.

I think if you did an Afghan game in the vein of Battle for Baghdad but set at the Provincial level it could be a valuable asset and you could sell enough to the military and interagency community to make it worthwhile. Let me know off line if it's something you are interested in pursuing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Compton
United States
La Plata
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
jgreys wrote:
Will the final rulebook with the example of play be posted online?

I don't think we've discussed that. I'll bring it up at the next biz meeting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawkeye
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
irratejon wrote:
It is both imminent and pre-eminent! I have seen printer proofs and it looks great. Should be on schedule for a December shipping.

So what's the new schedule ...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Compton
United States
La Plata
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
According to the time-line we received from the printer, we were supposed to receive the game by the beginning of December, so we announced a December ship time. December came and went with no delivery. We then were told that it would arrive by the first week of January, which also came and went. Now we are being told the 24th.

It's a very frustrating situation, as the printer has our money, but keeps pushing back delivery. We now are faced with finding a new printer (again) for future projects. Sorry about the delay. Wish there was something we could do, but we're at their mercy for the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawkeye
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
irratejon wrote:
Now we are being told the 24th.

Is it anymore imminent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Compton
United States
La Plata
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
We got an update from our print agent. It appears that the Department of Homeland Security randomly picks some number of containers at each port to completely tear apart and inspect by hand. It turns out that our container won that lottery. So for the last several days it has been in their hands. We have no idea if that means that they are only opening the containers themselves, or if they are going through each game individually as well (certainly hope not). To add insult to injury, it appears that DHS also charges the lucky owner of the container contents for the pleasure of the inspection, thus we need to cough up another large check to get the thing actually delivered in whatever shape it's now in. The whole process has now gone from frustration to aggravation. We apologize for the delay (again), but it's completely out of our hands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawkeye
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where did it go to print?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.