Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Noonan
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the only explanation I've got for this session. Well, Boomer putting the human-friendly crisis cards on the bottom of the deck probably didn't help.

So... myself, and my son and daughter fired up the game with me as Adama, Sean as Zarek and Sarah as Boomer.

Early on it went it pretty well with a lot of yellow/green skill checks that Adama and Zarek handled easily. Morale got hit a couple of times but nothing major and at one point we were +1 on fuel and population and I think down 3 on morale.

We were eight crisis cards in when the apocalypse started. First Boomer drew "Surrounded", then Zarek drew "Besieged", then Adama drew "Raiding Party". All of the raiders and heavy raiders were out and most of the civilians were on the board and somewhere in there a Centurian made it aboard Galactica.

We played three "normal" crisis and then "Tactical Strike". When we finally jumped we only had three civilian ships left, population was 3 and we only had 3 or 4 vipers, all damaged.

We made some repairs (Command and Weapons had been hit) and Adama XO'd Boomer so she could go after the Centurian. That didn't work out as she revealed. She had passed an opportunity to jump us at -3 on the jump track and only three population and she had been very diligent in playing "Massive Firepower" against the raiders so we were very surprised. She brigged Zarek when she revealed.

The Centurian that sat on the start space for a long time finally got in gear (with no help from the revealed cylon) and put the humans out of their misery.

This was without a doubt the most grueling game of BSG I've played. The humans made two jumps for a total distance of three, and that included +1 from a crisis card.

I've played two BSG games with my kids and they both did a great job as the cylon. In my seven or eight games I've only been the cylon once and that was at the sleeper phase when the humans were doing really well and won easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Lloyd
United States
North Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to see that the kids can play well and enjoy this excellent game. And, not to be nit-picky, but I believe it's "Lords of Kobol".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Noonan
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clloyd09 wrote:
Good to see that the kids can play well and enjoy this excellent game. And, not to be nit-picky, but I believe it's "Lords of Kobol".

Yes, it is. You passed the test!

No, really, that was totally a test to see if anyone would notice and had nothing to do with me being sleepy and a bad proof-reader.

BTW, the "kids" are 13 and 20 so the only surprise was they were so devious. Makes me wonder how they've been practicing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.