Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So here's how it happened- My Inv was recovering at Arkham Asylum already, so I had him use "Milk of Shub N" (summons all monsters to his location and drives him insane) cause he didn't have much to lose (no clues, 1 sanity, only 1 item) to get the monsters out of the way of the other Investigators, both blocked by a stubborn Child of the Goat who wouldn't move...

(Couldn't kill Child of the Goat cause she's a Cultist and Yig would've gained his last Doom Token)

SO....my guy's recovering at the Asylum, which is surrounded by 5 Monsters! I took the "instead of having an encounter" part literally and he just gained a sanity, didn't have to fight or avoid the monsters until he was ready. Did I do right???

This same ridiculous situation occurred TWICE in that same game!! HOW you ask? He lost his Stamina against one of the monsters at the Asylum and went straight to St Mary's. Later he went Insane AGAIN and wound up at Arkham (still infested with Monsters, including a Cthonian which doesn't move!)

(BTW we were on that last Doom token for a very long time)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Taylor
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you did it wrong. You have to deal with monsters present at your location (either the one you start in or the one you move into) during the movement phase. The encounter phase is only for drawing encounter cards in Arkham and for some mythos cards that allow you to do certain actions then.

I've been in games before where someone uses a spell or ability to lure monsters into their location while they stay perched in the Asylum and it rarely ends well. Once they screw up, it's almost impossible to get any sanity back until all the monsters are dead, and if you've got any Nightmarish monsters in the Asylum stack it's even worse. Just don't do it if you can help it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Yeah, you have top deal with the monsters. So best to lure them to a different location so you don't make the asylum a house of horror.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Yeah, you have top deal with the monsters. So best to lure them to a different location so you don't make the asylum a house of horror.

Just (Time) Bomb the Asylum after Milking it !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"Every Board Game I Reach Is Dead"
United Kingdom
Scarborough
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
A lesson we sadly already learned. Can stalkers move into a stable location? It's been too long since we had a game and I honestly can't remember! I think it's like the hunting horror and they can only move into unstables and street areas, but I'm not sure. goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
According to the example of the Dunwich rules, stalkers cannot enter stable locations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lam
United States
Newcastle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
There is no restriction on the type of locations they can move into. So fi the conditions are right, they could move into stable locations.

You mean luring the monsters into the stable locations, right? I don't think stalkers can move into a stable location by themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
mzonic wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
There is no restriction on the type of locations they can move into. So fi the conditions are right, they could move into stable locations.

You mean luring the monsters into the stable locations, right? I don't think stalkers can move into a stable location by themselves.

No, I am mistaken. Stalkers cannot enter stable locations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.