Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
(1) If I have a gem in a cart, can I move it to another eligible Equipment card (i.e. the hammer card) as long as I do not move it to a higher costing card (i.e. move a gem from the hammer to the cart)?

(2) The rules allow a 4th (uncompleted) contract to be bought if one of the 3 is returned. Question is whether a player is only allowed to return a contract from the same book it came from (i.e. light boarder to light boarder book) or if it could be returned to either?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You must return the contract to the space where you just bought the new one. Which may mean that a dark card ends up in the light deck, etc.

I don't have the rules in front of me, but I don't remember being able to move any gems at all from card to card. It's up to you to manage that when you buy them, and fulfill the contracts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schacht
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) no. if you are on a gem field you just can put a gem from your card to the field in the middle.
then you have space to upload a different gem.

2) it can be returned to both books.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mschacht wrote:
1) no. if you are on a gem field you just can put a gem from your card to the field in the middle. then you have space to upload a different gem.
This is what we thought since it was not mentioned specifically in the rules. Not sure if it would be a wise move, but I assume if you are at the two boat harbor it would be ok to put back a gem and load up two new gems including the one you just put back?
mschacht wrote:
2) it can be returned to both books.
We played this correct also (not thinking about it initially) but afterward while setting up for our second game realized we were mixing the decks. After reading the rules again it appeared to be ok but wanted to be sure.

Great game by the way. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The actual rule for my post above (page 4):

Quote:
If you already have 3 incomplete commissions and you want to buy another, you must first return one of the ones you already own. To accomplish this, place the card onto the commission book for the city you are in. You may decide whether to return the card to the right or left side of the book.

And, the rule for Michael's post, page 5:

Quote:
You may choose to unload a gemstone that you had previously loaded onto a horse or cart, in order to reload a different gemstone. Place the unloaded gemstone onto the discard space in the middle of the gameboard. To load the new gemstone, you must again pay the cost in coins shown on the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.