Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Space Hulk (third edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Revealing 6 blip in space hulk? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Väinö Hirvelä
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am playing with variant rules so I get a lot of 0 and 6 blips but Dont really know what to do with 0 blips more imporantly in 9square room Where should I reveal a 6 blip and how many stealers do I get (according to 1st edition rules?) only 5? Since I don't think that you can put stealers on diagonal spaces "normally"? When revealing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bracey
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools

You can place stealers in any adjacent space, even diaganol. 6's, known to Deathwing players, are mostly a waste. If you stick them in the centre of a room they are flamer fodder so put them at junctions and accept 1 or 2 will be lost. 0's just allow even more impressive feints during attacks than 1's do.

Robert
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Payne
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
vhirvela wrote:
I am playing with variant rules so I get a lot of 0 and 6 blips

Andy chance you can share your variant?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Väinö Hirvelä
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really mine...someone else came up with it...

take 9 commandpoint size markers which are blank (came with the hulk!!)
mark 4 and leave 5 empty...now when ever you draw a blip and look at the number there...you might attempt to "gamble" draw one marker from the bag...

You only get to redraw if broodlord is present in the map!! (reveled and alive)
then place that marker top of your blip sot that no one except yourself will now is it marked or not...

then when revealing a blip if it has mark then its multiplier (x2) or if its blank it's "0". Easy. Note that gambling is allways "bad" because there is more blanks than multipliers but for example if you happen to draw all 5 blanks so that you know that you have only 4 "good" marks left use them on 3 blips to get them to 6 blips...

These gamble markers are not re-shuffled (so you get maximius of 9 chances to use them) they just add a little flavor to the game they are not ment to change the blance of maps too much!!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Payne
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Aaah, that one.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Corn
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
vhirvela wrote:
take 9 commandpoint size markers which are blank (came with the hulk!!)

So I'm not the only one who saw these and thought "I should save these for something"...

(edit for typo)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Haggis wrote:
vhirvela wrote:
take 9 commandpoint size markers which are blank (came with the hulk!!)

So I'm not the only one who saw these and thought "I should save these for something"...

(edit for typo)


I use them for marking jammed doors
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just noticed something - OP has been in other threads asking for advice on winning with termies, because stealers keep winning all the time.

Perhaps you should play without this variant rule until you are getting some good tactics down with the marines. More genestealers on the board aren't going to improve your chances
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As said, the 4+ blips were either revealed really early on, or you expect to lose a couple stealers. Usually, either off-the-map reveal (i.e. right away), or as you move down the hulk, when you pass in a 3x3 empty room, you reveal. Sure, you lose the suspense of the "blip" but you get a bunch of stealers

-shnar
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Gullman
msg tools
vhirvela wrote:
Not really mine...someone else came up with it...

take 9 commandpoint size markers which are blank (came with the hulk!!)
mark 4 and leave 5 empty...now when ever you draw a blip and look at the number there...you might attempt to "gamble" draw one marker from the bag...

You only get to redraw if broodlord is present in the map!! (reveled and alive)
then place that marker top of your blip sot that no one except yourself will now is it marked or not...

then when revealing a blip if it has mark then its multiplier (x2) or if its blank it's "0". Easy. Note that gambling is allways "bad" because there is more blanks than multipliers but for example if you happen to draw all 5 blanks so that you know that you have only 4 "good" marks left use them on 3 blips to get them to 6 blips...

These gamble markers are not re-shuffled (so you get maximius of 9 chances to use them) they just add a little flavor to the game they are not ment to change the blance of maps too much!!



Nice addition with the redraw there, i'll try it.
/author of said rule cool
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jack evans
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
exactly what i thought
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.