Popular Tags: [View All]
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am beginning to like this tactical level simulation game a lot. I am thinking if the game designer is also thinking of a possible random scenaios generation system as it is natural to grow to have different forces OOB in every game and expansions. Combat Commander, another tactical level combat system, has such a scenario generation system and gives a tremendous boost to the game value. In fact, as Mark comes from a PC wargame background, I think he is more than versatile in creating such system. With such a limitless no. of scenarios creation, the life of this game system is without limit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A great idea... but a lot of work, I guess.

I too liked the Combat Commander scenario generation system, and I recall there was one for ASL...although you needed a mainframe to work it all out...

One of the mini-issues for me in now having two LnL games and one module.. all WW2.. is whether to keep the games separate, or combine them ann in terms of counter trays, boards, rules etc... If you gonna play the published scenarios only, I guess you keep them separate. If you wanna create you own.. best to combine so you can see all the options and combinations?

I dunno! My brain hurts!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually keep the counters inside their original game box and don't prefer to mix them all along. It might be (at least to me in face of thousand counters) more difficult to find them. I think all the full game box comes with the counters they need and don't require from other full game. For module expansion, I put them in the same box of the original game, e.g. Alpha Battle Pack and Swift and Bold inside Band of Heroes and put Not One Step Back aside because of its size not fitting in anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.