Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Lam
Hong Kong
Kowloon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Before I bought the game, I haven't imagined my 2nd game of Bohnanza would be a 7-players game. The firs one was a 5-players one, a little chaotic, with wrong rules...but we did have some fun.

Then the 2nd game of Bohnanza in my entire life was in today.

There was 9 players including myself, actually we were choosing what game to play, Saboteur is good but too light in my point of view. And I suggested Bohnanza coz it was a new game to them, and some of them don't mind to join up a team.

I firstly stated that the couple please forget about who was your the other half, and tried to be fair and fight for your benefit in this game. So I demonstrated the game with cards faced up, after some questions and answers. The game began.

It was more chaotic then I expected.
Not because we had some non-gamer with us today, we all talked and devoted to bargain.
The rules gotta be restated several times until everyone knows what the game flow is, yet we did have GREAT FUN!

The game hour was a bit longer than the game suggests but I think that is OK as it was the 1st game for many of us today. And the game is excellent for taking photos, coz people are always interacting.

Moreover, everyone of us are looking forward to the next Bohnanza day!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Miller
Australia
Upwey
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Bohnanza is a great game. It comes out more than any other game in our place - it's only one of our games to exceed 50 plays.
We also have a couple of the expansions but it is the base game that gets the play.

My wife and I have only played 2 player and often do so in a restaurant or cafe while waiting.

Your photos confirm the fun that what has by all.thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald McDaniel
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We usually play with either 6 or 7 players, and have played with as many as 8. It is always fun, with lots of interaction, and is the most-played game in our collection. We have played it for many years, and expect to play it for many more in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Lam
Hong Kong
Kowloon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any rule amendment for 8 players game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald McDaniel
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
upozhk wrote:
Are there any rule amendment for 8 players game?

We play with all the cards and go through the deck only twice. We lowered the cost of a third beanfield to 2 gold, but no one ever buys one, since the game goes quickly, and it's not a given that you can make up the cost before it ends. We use those rules for 7 players also. For 6, we do the same, except the 3rd beanfield still costs 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.