BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Jurassic Park Sweded [yt] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luis
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
badge
A foolproof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge block of marble, then you chip away everything that doesn't look like an elephant.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgive me for asking...but what does "Sweded" mean? Are these people Swedish or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
badge
A foolproof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge block of marble, then you chip away everything that doesn't look like an elephant.
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems it's a joke from the movie "Be Kind, Rewind", where they do a lot of parodies like this one and name them as Sweded, though I haven't seen the film, so I can't give more details of why sweded and not something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kodeir wrote:
Seems it's a joke from the movie "Be Kind, Rewind", where they do a lot of parodies like this one and name them as Sweded, though I haven't seen the film, so I can't give more details of why sweded and not something else.
They accidentally erased every VHS tape in their store and decided to make their own versions of the movies instead. When asked about the new movies they said they were made in Sweden and were then Sweded. It was one of Jack Black's little nonsensical explanations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.