Subject: Is this siege? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I've got Cry Havoc and Siege and will be able to buy this rather cheap, only 11 euros. I must say I am somewhat tempted to go buy this one, but have read somewhere it has the same counters of Siege, wich I would find off putting.
I mean with a new game you'd want new units aswell.
In this game the units are actuall persons, so it would not do to have the same character twice.

As there were no comments with the info on this game I can only hope someone will be around to reply.
I feel like I'm shouting in the dessert I must admit.

cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
11 euros is cheap for the maps alone, even if you have some counters double. You get a huge, 4-section town map! Take it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks, from what I'v read I get the impression it is very simular to Siege, but apparantly it's an expansion which connects to the maps of Cry Havoc and Siege?

Oh by the way, like you game collection, very impressive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually I was not aware that the Medieval Town was sold as a standalone game. When I got it it was just a 4-piece add-on map, with each of the 4 pieces the size of a normal Cry Havoc (or Siege) map. Together, it is an impressive set-up. Anyway, getting some additional characters and siege-engines makes sense for this huge map. I remember that we only played once or twice on this map. With all the narrow blocking-points and stairs it plays very differently from the open-ground or village scenarios.
Glad you like my game collection- so do I

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found this on a german site and understand it actually isn't standalone. (Die mittelalterliche Festung.
Ausbauset für "Siege & Croisades" No.2

ACHTUNG: Das Spiel ist komplett auf Französisch und lässt sich nur mit dem Basisspiel spielen.

So it's just a mega map, with some characters from Siege. (larger than the Siege and Cry Havoc maps put together?
Well it would give a good opportunity to use all you've got.

As I don't speak french that should keep me entertained for quite some time, but no doubt there's some site with the translated rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel GOUSSET
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, technically it is not really an expansion for siege but rather for Croisades as it is used to simulate the taking of city in the strategical/roleplaying game.

You can easily use it for a siege game anyway and the rules provided explain all the special features of the map.

The counters are redrawn from siege so they are sharper and with Croisades rating for movement and armor.

A great expansion for a great game.

BTW you WILL need the second counter-sheet because the troups provided in a single box of siege are barely enough to provide the city defenders...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.