Subject: Attachments to the Platoon Hqs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lawrence Davis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still not 100% sure of who can or cannot be attached to the platoons.

I know you can't attach attachments that you receive per mission instructions, like the .30cal HMGs in the 3rd normandy mission, but I did read somewhere were you can attach the .50 cal directly to a PLT HQs, but it is not recommended. What about the FOs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Belgium
De Panne
Bachten de Kupe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can attach FOs, mortar units or the .50 HMG to a PLT HQ, in the same way as you attach the .30 LMG or the bazookas.

I don't do it most of the time, as I think they (the attachments that is) can be used in a more flexible way if attached to the CO HQ or to the XO or 1st Sgt.

On the other hand, it can be very interesting to attach a FO to the PLT HQ doing a patrol during patrol missions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Van Boxelaer
Belgium
Nieuwkerken-waas
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DocD wrote:
I know you can't attach attachments that you receive per mission instructions, like the .30cal HMGs in the 3rd normandy mission

Is that so ??? whistle can't find this in the rulebook, nor in the errata ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Davis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Filbox wrote:
DocD wrote:
I know you can't attach attachments that you receive per mission instructions, like the .30cal HMGs in the 3rd normandy mission

Is that so ??? whistle can't find this in the rulebook, nor in the errata ?

Well, I did read it somewhere. But fortunately with my second game with the .30 cals I stuck them with the Platoon HQs and they worked out great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Reschreiter
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a little add-on question for that:

Please correct me if I am wrong:

If attached to a platoon, the Plt HQ AND the staff (CO, XO, 1st SGT) can activate a unit;
If not attached to a Plt Q, then only the staff can activate. So especially when I know I am using it, e.g. on one flank, why not attach it, as it increases flexibility?!

Or do I get it wrong, that units attached to a Plt HQ can not directly be activated by staff, but only via the Plt HQ?

Many thanks for th help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Lury
United States
Blowing rock
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pretty new to FOF, but I believe that if attached to a platoon, they can be ORDERED by their platoon HQ, XO,Sargeant, and CO HQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
radsailor wrote:
I am pretty new to FOF, but I believe that if attached to a platoon, they can be ORDERED by their platoon HQ, XO,Sargeant, and CO HQ.

That is true - they just can't be ordered by the other platoon HQ's.

The only problem with this is that now those attachments will be subject to that PLT HQ's commands or any pyros keyed for that specific platoon. This could be an issue in some situations when you want your PLT HQ to issue, say, a "platoon move" command - now your attachment will move with your platoon too. Could be something you wanted, but then again, it may not be.

Its just yet another choice in the game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Reschreiter
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks for that. Yes, I meant ordered, not activated.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.