Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! – Russia 1941-42» Forums » Rules

Subject: flanking clarification... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe I understand front and rear hexes quite well; front three facing hexes= front, rear three= flank. My question is, when firing across the hex-spine of an adjacent hex, effectively through the "middle" vertex of the target unit's hex, is it flank fire or not? Hope this makes sense. A picture probably would have been easier to explain, but I'm at work. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rear 3 hexes are only part of the flank. Anything that isn't the "front" is the flank. So the front arc is through the middle of the hex to the front and left of the unit over to the middle of the front right hex. If it goes through the middle of those hexes or anywhere inbetween, it's front. Anywhere else, it's flank. (Sorry, also hard to explain without pictures!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, here's a picture:

The arrow shows which way the unit is facing. Green hexes are front, red are flank.

So if you fire from a red hex, you're firing at the flank. If you fire from a green hex, you're firing at the front.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Ok. Look at the picture above. Notice the Russian AT gun on the hill in the far right of the frame. Now, if there were an enemy unit two hexes north on the road & light woods hex firing on that AT gun, would the gun be flanked?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StAtiC9 wrote:

Ok. Look at the picture above. Notice the Russian AT gun on the hill in the far right of the frame. Now, if there were an enemy unit two hexes north on the road & light woods hex firing on that AT gun, would the gun be flanked?

Definitely flanked. (I think we posted near simultaneously - just check out my image above.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
excellent. thanks for the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.