Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mads l. brynnum
Denmark
2400 Kbh. NV
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
After several requests (one at least ) I've tried to make a scoring system. I haven't had the time to test it yet, so it might be fundamentally flawed. But you're more than welcome to give it a try - I'll of course post in this thread when I've tried it myself.

Scoring
As an optional rule you can calculate your score after finishing the game. Of course, if you lose your last party member or run out of time, you score no points.

Getting out of the city - 10 points.
Surviving party members - 5 points each
Remaining ammo - 2 points each
Remaining supplies - 1 point each
Remaining hours - 3 points each
Remaining meds - 2 points each
Infected party member - minus 3 points each

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mads l. brynnum
Denmark
2400 Kbh. NV
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, just played it through a few times with new rules and new scoring. Especially in my first game I was quite lucky when fighting, and time never became an issue. Also I was spared of infected in the first game, whereas they caused a lot of casualties in the second. Second game was more tight, but I still made it through. The scores were:

First game

Completing - 10
Survivors - 20
Hours - 6
Meds - 2
Total - 38

Second game

Completing - 10
Survivors - 10
Hours - 9
Supplies - 2
Meds - 2
Infected - -6
Total - 27

I can't quite decide whether I was just lucky to make it through two times in a row or if the game has become too easy. I'll blame it on luck for now, I think.

I'm not sure about the meds, though. I've ruled that you need two meds to heal one infected, but even when I had the chance to get my second med in the game where it was needed, I needed supplies more and had to reroll hoping to get that. That is, of course, an interesting decision, but what if movement could somehow be used to scavenge extra? For instance: by sacrificing two movement points during movement, you get to roll an extra scavenger die with no rerolls. I think I'll try that next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
If given the option, I would prefer to play with the green pieces, please.
badge
I have two new 9 Card Games: 300 Spartans and Franky's 1st Christmas
mbmbmbmbmb
mads b. wrote:
I'm not sure about the meds, though. I've ruled that you need two meds to heal one infected, but even when I had the chance to get my second med in the game where it was needed, I needed supplies more and had to reroll hoping to get that. That is, of course, an interesting decision, but what if movement could somehow be used to scavenge extra? For instance: by sacrificing two movement points during movement, you get to roll an extra scavenger die with no rerolls. I think I'll try that next.

I just played with the meds and was a little surprised to discover that they weren't as useful as I thought they might be (considering how much I hate the infected killing off party members every time we reach a safe house). I was actually during game play that one of the Supply Results had been removed in place of meds. Before you had a 1/3 chance of getting at least 1 supply and with the new rules you have only a 1/6 chance of getting two supplies. This seemed to make getting supplies a little too luck dependent considering how important they are to your survival.

I would propose putting back in the 1 supply result and maybe making the 4 a choice between two supplies or one med. Or a 6 could be "Movement, Fight, or 1 Med."

I like the idea of sacrificing movement for extra scavenging and I think it makes thematic sense too. "We can't move as fast as we want because we're going to keep searching..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.