Canada
Unspecified
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
Do we need more expansions?
Yes, keep them coming! I can't get enough!
No, 5 is enough.
Maybe, but I really wish they'd bring out Commands and Colors: Napoleon!
      130 answers
Poll created by petermal
Do we need more expansions?

With the upcoming re-release of this popular game and two new expansions, I'm curious what BGG'ers are thinking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like for the system to expand into the Chinese conflicts of the same period.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I'd like to see Ancients spread into another hemisphere. Really don't want/need another roman army.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Foulke
United States
Bethel Park
PA
flag msg tools
Welcome to Friedey's!
badge
You want fries with that?
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't see my option in the choices:

I'm going to have a tough time explaining to the missuz why I'm spending more money on this, but I'll most likely cave in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, please. Make it something besides Romans and Greeks. Anything. It's C&C Ancients, not C&C Graeco-Romans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see some C&CA armies and scenarios for:

- Biblical period
- Second Greek army (e.g., Sparta)
- Far east: India, China, Japan
- More battles A.D. (or BCE if you prefer): fall of Rome, Huns, other early Dark Age, etc.

Other periods I'd like to see Commands & Colors:

- English Civil War
- American Revolution, French & Indian War
- American Civil War (revise and update Battle Cry)
- Feudal Japan
- Not so much interested in Napoleonics, though I'm enough of a C&C fan to pick it up anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have pulled the plug on C$C:A ($ was intentional)...

5 expansions is enough for me.

When the Napoleonic game happens I will really consider it as my next purchase for the C$C series.

I would like to see a middle ages series done without the magic of BattleLore.

An Asiatic series would also be great if it covered classical Japanese, Chinese and Indian battles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

Well, I cannot get enough , providing the C and C Ancients are Graeco-Roman
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Glassop
Australia
Dubbo
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StevenE wrote:

I would like to see a middle ages series done without the magic of BattleLore.

An Asiatic series would also be great if it covered classical Japanese, Chinese and Indian battles.

I'll back that - a great Crusades version, or the Norman invasions of England - these would would most def. get my wallet open again.

If Mr. Borg did go with Asian batles, do you think some ruel tweaks would have to apply to take in the seemingly endless formations they could fight in (beyond line command)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding Asian battles...

I would think there would need to be some mechanic for noting facing and formation. Most likely a block or a card.

More information about various leaders and generals, maybe a card with battle information and favored tactics could be used.

There would also need to be a formations table that show modifiers for each unit type against opposing formations. I would imagine these would hold for a period of time until all discipline is lost and a general melee errupts.

Seiges would need to be addressed/handled in some new way as well.

As I think this through maybe facing might not be as important... But starting formations, morale and discipline are essential characteristics for this period and would be a great way to differentiate from C&C:A. Also, one cannot discount the clans and factions which would really add to the ambiance of the game pieces/flags/icons.

- edited for grammer...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Pisgah Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
www.gameholecon.com
badge
129/420
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd definitely like to see a series on the Middle Ages -- without the plastic models and magic of Battlelore (as Steven mentioned above).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sheep wrote:
I'd definitely like to see a series on the Middle Ages -- without the plastic models and magic of Battlelore (as Steven mentioned above).

Yes, the Battle of Agincourt, without spiders and dwarves, would be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sword of Gideon
msg tools
mbmbmb
Three Roman Armies and still having to use Persians to represent Spartans? I mean, come on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Stosser
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to see a 315-700 AD Hun, Goth, Byzantine, etc. expansion.
And NO, we don't need another Roman army for that - just a bboklet with scenarios and rules.
Following that, I'd like to see a Chinese, Japanese, Mongol, etc. Far Eastern expansion.
Then a Dark/Middle Ages expansion going from 700 to 1450 AD.
arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Mark
United States
Roseville
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My vote is for the Napoleonic expansion. One would think it not much of a stretch to include most land based warfare from the 18th and early 19th Century's for expansions. Hmmm... Now that I mention it, why restrict it to land based warfare? Commands & Colors naval battles!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jones
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Profesor Mora wrote:
I think it's time to take a break from new CC:A expansions. Another game in the series would be fine (a medieval CC:A -more realistic and without magic, but that not gonna happen with Battlelore around- or CC:Napoleonics).

And in a few years, another CC:A expansion, why not? With more epics maps or just different protagonists.

BUT, we could play all of these games that you're discussing simply by making a new rule book and scenarios (though I will readily admit that it takes some doing to balance those scenarios the way CC:A has them balanced)

Many of us here are smart enough to get together and work out some fan rules for different era.

What it seems like we're REALLY talking about here is artwork. Finding good artwork to represent those new types of units (like the samurai that some folks are working on) is the big rub I think.

We can play the samurai module but we'll have to be content with Legions for our artwork. Or we could boil C&C system down into its real pieces (red blue and green triangles circles and squares... Maybe the new peasants should be trapezoids...)

Interesting thread though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played this for the first time last night. If there were an expansion of far east asian (China/Japan/Korea) scenarios, I'd buy the whole thing tomorrow. On my credit card. Which I have no way of paying off. Wouldn't matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Planet
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would really like to see armies of ancient Babylon, Assyria, Persia, Israel, Egypt, etc. Rome has had its glory, lets move onto a new field of battle!

I am also really excited for Napoleonics!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.