Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it allowed to trade at other players' market stalls or can I only trade at my own?

Also, could someone describe a situation where the bottom card of a 'Two-Pack' gets revealed when it is NOT my turn? I'm having trouble seeing that situation from the rules.

Thanks,
Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you can't trade at other players' Market Stands unless you play the Trader action card. Look it up in the appendix where all the action cards are described in detail.

Let's say, you've got an action card and a casual customer in a "two-pack". You decide to keep both and you decide further to put the action card underneath the casual customer. Now, it's your opponent's turn and he plays the action card that allows him to steal one of your casual customers - and he choses the one from the "two-pack". Now, your action card gets revealed and needs to be placed in the action card section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I had not yet read the Helper card descriptions. Thanks!

Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Soderlund
United States
Dallas
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same question playing this game for the first time. The portion of the rule book that discusses market stalls should clearly state that only the player who places the market stall in his or her area can use it. It is not expressly stated anywhere. One should not have to read the appendix with details on every helper card to be able to figure this out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Morency
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks, I was just coming here to look this question up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Equalitytime wrote:
I had the same question playing this game for the first time. The portion of the rule book that discusses market stalls should clearly state that only the player who places the market stall in his or her area can use it. It is not expressly stated anywhere. One should not have to read the appendix with details on every helper card to be able to figure this out.
You're absolutely right and I'm sorry - it's a mistake of the translation. In the German version it's described precisely, that you can only use your own market stalls. This information unfortunately got lost in the English version ... blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Very Stout
United States
Back and to the Left-
Up a Bit, Perfect
flag msg tools
An old liberal optimist
badge
An Elf, a Human, and a Dwarf walk into a bar...
mbmbmbmbmb
No stress Herr Bruhn.

Errors are the zest of life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.