Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M Taran
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a vow that I would not even punch the card stock until I finished painting every piece of the set. This way I had the motivation to keep on painting. I am happy to say that after (I am guessing) 50+ hours of painting I am done. I took my time, and tried to do them right.

I went with a white scheme for my Marines. For the G/S I tried to stay close to what the GWS people did.

I uploaded a number of pics to the "Games" location of Space Hulk. Look for the white Terminator Armor.

I am off to play my first turn...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will DeMorris
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats! I applaud your dedication. I'm not so sure I could resist playing the game before I had it all painted.

-Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nothing says "I love you" like a new dice bag
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool about the painting, but isn't customized stuff supposed to go in "Creative"? "Game" is for how it looks out of the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Taran
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
Cool about the painting, but isn't customized stuff supposed to go in "Creative"? "Game" is for how it looks out of the box.

I was thinking since I had not changed the game mechanics, or modified the experience other then the figures paint job, I was OK in game area.

However, in retrospect, I agree. Thanks for the tip.

By the way, Where does it say "Game" is for "out of the box."

I ask so I can read up, and not make any further mistakes.

Thanks.

P.S. The majority of pictures in the "Game" section are not "out of the box" condition, just thought I would point that out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I vowed not to open my second set until I learned how to play the first set...

I spent two hours last night clipping Genestealers from two sprues... one more Genestealer sprue to go then on to the Space Marine Terminators. Been reading the rules off and on and then watching some videos on game play... Need to work on my wife or one of my friends to play the game... Kids are still a little too young.

I am also at a loss on how to paint the first set. I will probably opt for the traditional Red...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Taran
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StevenE wrote:
I vowed not to open my second set until I learned how to play the first set...

I spent two hours last night clipping Genestealers from two sprues... one more Genestealer sprue to go then on to the Space Marine Terminators. Been reading the rules off and on and then watching some videos on game play... Need to work on my wife or one of my friends to play the game... Kids are still a little too young.

I am also at a loss on how to paint the first set. I will probably opt for the traditional Red...

Yup, thats how I satisfied my burning desire to play. I read the rules almost every night in bed, I also read the history bits, and back ground info from the mission book. I'm in the same boat, I have the game set up for my son and I to play. Hes busy with home work, and I'm chewing my nails waiting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Holden
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I just checked your profile and you're from Ellsworth, I live in Hudson, we're not too far from each other.
I'll have to drop you a geekmail next time there's a game night round here.
I also have the new Space Hulk, but I'm not a painter...this will be my first paint job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw the pics today. Excellent work on the painting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abdul Rahman Ibrahim
Malaysia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a vow myself at first but broke it after my nephews found out I had the game. Needless to say, I was badgered to death to play. I only managed to paint the door bases and genestealers at the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Taran
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
l10n0fjudah wrote:
Hey, I just checked your profile and you're from Ellsworth, I live in Hudson, we're not too far from each other.
I'll have to drop you a geekmail next time there's a game night round here.
I also have the new Space Hulk, but I'm not a painter...this will be my first paint job.

Wow, that would be great! By all means let me know when you have your next game night. maybe we can get a game going. I'm heading to the "Source" this Thursday to get a pickup game or two in.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nothing says "I love you" like a new dice bag
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taran01 wrote:

When you upload an image, it gives these guidelines:

Game:

Images containing no altered components where the focus is on the game, the box, or components.

Creative:

Images of the game that contain creative elements such as modified components or fun situations.

(emphasis mine)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Taran
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
Taran01 wrote:

When you upload an image, it gives these guidelines:

Game:

Images containing no altered components where the focus is on the game, the box, or components.

Creative:

Images of the game that contain creative elements such as modified components or fun situations.

(emphasis mine)

That puts me in the majority as far as uploaded pics to the "Game" section. It seems most people miss that guideline. In the event I ever upload again, Ill remember your helpful advice. Since this was my first contribution since 2007, I most likely will not be doing so in quite a while.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.