Kyle Meighan
United States
Manahawkin
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This question came up in my first non-solo play of this game.

The wording on the Resurrection ship seems to imply that you can only exchange your super crisis, but if you don't have one to exchange (i.e. you already used it) then you can't get a new one.

We ultimately ruled, using the logic from the faq that a crisis can be used even if the conditions were not met, that the revealed cylon was not limited in this fashion, but did have to use the resurrection ship to get a new super crisis, and could only have one in her hand at a time.

Was this correct?

Interestingly it was the revealed cylon that thought she was limited, and I (a human) told her she was not.

-One Wolf

P.S. Humanity ran out of fuel and was left to drift aimlessly until their demise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jarvis
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the Cylon player had it right. They can exchange their super crisis, but they only get one per game. Once it is used they cannot get another.

The wording is annoying and I wish some of the items would have spelt out when you it is optional and when it is mandatory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Meighan
United States
Manahawkin
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I just called them she said, "Hey I won with the rules as given to me!!" She's right but I told her to put an asterisk mext to her win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Taylor
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jarvis wrote:
No, the Cylon player had it right. They can exchange their super crisis, but they only get one per game. Once it is used they cannot get another.

The wording is annoying and I wish some of the items would have spelt out when you it is optional and when it is mandatory.

That is correct - only one super crisis per game, but the resurrection ship lets you go fishing for a new one if you don't like the one you got. I don't have much to add beyond that, but sometimes weight of numbers can cement an opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do note that the rules change if you're playing Pegasus, so if you play again with someone who has the expansion and they claim you can get another, they're not crazy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.