Subject: Hi All! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Berger
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hey Gents!

My name is Joe and I have a group of 4-6 people here in Ohio that still consistently play Doomtown: Deadlands CCG. After the tragic loss of CCG Workshop/Gatling Engine, I have been striving to make some more contact with some Doomtown people on the web and decided to try out this forum. I won many local tournaments throughout central Ohio, but had very little success playing yearly at Origins in Columbus, OH.

I won my first Tournament in Mansfield, OH where I played a Shotgun Sioux Deck with War Party. I started with Eagle Rock, Wise Cloud, Singing Feather, and Billy Iron Horse...I believe (Its been a long time). Sioux have always been my favorite faction and I have been playing with them and the Agency since I started the game. I actually ended up playing against the a Sioux Suicide Deck in the finals of the first tournament, back when 'Take you With Me' didn't have bullet restrictions. My decks evolved through the years and I currently run a Sioux Deck (Spirit Calling Deck), a Dead Man's Hand Agency Deck, and a Fear Level Control Deck with the Whateley's (which surprisingly is my most winning deck).

Any veteran of the game probably thinks winning a tournament with a Shotgun Sioux deck must of had poor competition, but it amazingly beat out a Landslide Deck and a Law Dog Peacemaker Deck.

I just got into the game before Revalations was released and this game has been the 'heaven on earth' for me. As you can probably tell, I only had like 3 years of playing before AEG pulled the plug on the beloved game, so I have continued to play seldomly with my group throughout the years and all of us still agree that this game is simply the best.

Anyways, I might be babbling, but I just want to introduce myself to some fellow doomtown players out there. It seem Eric here (I have read some posts) knows what he's talking about and has some of the tournament winning decks in his head. I occasionally have questions regarding rules and deck building, so Its nice that some people are still around to help! Thanks guys and nice to meet ya!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Good to hear from you again after all this time Joe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torgeir ellertsen
Norway
flag msg tools
greetings from norway there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Berger
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
No Way! Is this the same Eric I used to play with at Adventures?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Sheffield
United States
Aberdeen
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy, I can't help but think that if we could find someone with the skills to adopt The Gatling Engine we could coax it back to life...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PATRICK PHILIBERT
France
MARSEILLE
flag msg tools
mb
hello

i just start playing do u have some sioux decks example to send me ??

thanks

patrickphilibert@aol.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.