Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenneth Lury
United States
Blowing rock
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fourth try at mission 1 of the Normandy campaign. Last turn. Had units on cards adjacent to cards with objective 1&2 that also had paralyzed enemy units.
I used red smoke to rally everyone and a few succeeded on each card including the Plt 1 HQ and Plt 3 HQ. These HQ's did a platoon move of their respective squads and attached weapons teams into the objective cards. This generated contacts targeting each platoon. After the combat phase, each platoon still had troops not hit or pinned, but the paralyzed enemy troops remained.
I took them all prisoner so does this count as objectives secured ?
I am guessing not, because I would have had to wait until the next turn's mutual capture phase to actually capture the prisoners.
Let's say I had another turn and captured the prisoners. Would the card then be secured ?

Great game,but exhausting. My eyes burn from all the smoke.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Davis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I say if you take prisoners then you have removed the threat and therefore have captured the objective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Lury
United States
Blowing rock
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I realized after the fact that I had not cleared the potential contacts completely so I really lost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Provick
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't think you can use smoke to rally. It's a clarification in the errata, 4.3.6

You can specify that they make a specific rally action, such as remove a pinned marker, but not simply "rally"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.