Takashi Ishida
Japan
Abiko
Chiba Prefecture
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've made this game during last week and played this game with my friends last Sunday.

But, we have several difficulties for understanding the basic mechanics. So that we had discussed and decided the rule. I'd like to confirm that our understanding is correct or not.

By the way, we had fun time for the play. Thank you for the game designing.

1: Are the worker tiles basically one-time use ? I mean in usual case, player can get them from the pile and keep them until he'd like to use them and then place them in appropriate chambers and earn the wage then they go to discard pile after these use ?

2: Are the worker tiles can be kept over the turn ? And is there limitation in numbers and/or duration for this keeping ?

3: Are wage paid for the basis of production ? In other words, if in some chambers there are more workers than the available raw materials , how do we decide who worked and who didn't ? And if some workers are placed but they didn't have job there, are they still paid the wage ?

4: In case of the last sentence above, are the workers who didn't had job still counted for production bonus determination ?

5: Is there bonus determination for the audience chamber even though it doesn't do any production ?

I think this game has unique basic mechanics and is interesting but difficult to understand because of its uniqueness.

I'd appreciate your answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Tavener
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
The overtext below is true.
badge
The overtext above is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the confusion - I'm in the process of rewriting the rules, but it's taking longer than I hoped. One word about the confusion - it may be worth downloading the full rules again from BGG. Jason put up a preliminary link, which contained some errors, and the pocketmod version has been edited down to fit, so may be confusing.

Quote:
1: Are the worker tiles basically one-time use ? I mean in usual case, player can get them from the pile and keep them until he'd like to use them and then place them in appropriate chambers and earn the wage then they go to discard pile after these use ?

Correct.

Quote:
2: Are the worker tiles can be kept over the turn ?

No, you have to use them all. There are, however, cards which will let you keep some from one round to the next.

Quote:
3: Are wage paid for the basis of production ?

Yes. You place a worker (two if working up), move a resource, and take your money IMMEDIATELY.

Placement goes around the table, with each player taking one action each time; so you don't get to put all your workers down together. No resource means no pay, so the turn order is important.

Note that the bosses start paying out bonuses AFTER the first sword is compkleted, which means that anyone earlier in the turn loses out. Did I say that turn order is important?

Quote:
4: In case of the last sentence above, are the workers who didn't had job still counted for production bonus determination ?

No. No production => no bonus. If you need the bonus, put them to work in the mines or the river instead, where the resources are effectively unlimited.

Quote:
5: Is there bonus determination for the audience chamber even though it doesn't do any production ?

I'm not sure I understand. First one in the audience chamber gets 1 gold, and dets the first player marker for next turn. No-one else gets anything.

Quote:
I think this game has unique basic mechanics and is interesting but difficult to understand because of its uniqueness.

Thanks! I think

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Takashi Ishida
Japan
Abiko
Chiba Prefecture
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your quick response.

Quote:
No, you have to use them all.

Oh, this is a shocking answer for us.goo The game is now very different from our ideas !

Quote:
You place a worker (two if working up), move a resource, and take your money IMMEDIATELY.

Againgoogoo, this is very different from our ideas !

Quote:
Note that the bosses start paying out bonuses AFTER the first sword is compkleted,

Again and again googoogoo!

Honestly speaking, I could not imagine your answers, in other words the correct rule from the current edition of the rule. I'm really looking forward to see the revised edition.

Anyway, I will have next chance on Wednesday with other friends. So, I'll try this again with your answers.

Thank you again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Tavener
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
The overtext below is true.
badge
The overtext above is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
Feedback always appreciated.
If you find you like your way better, let me know exactly what it is, and I'll test it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Takashi Ishida
Japan
Abiko
Chiba Prefecture
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I must start that new and innovative game is always welcome especially for easier games. I recently tend to think that Euro games become too complicated and lengthy than it was 10 years ago. And once one game made a innovation that innovation is very rapidly used up by similar games and expansions.

So that, it is really happy to see a unique and interesting and easier game.

I'd like to point out that the points below are unique and hard to understand and hopefully needs clearer description.

1: player cannot keep workers beyond the turn basically
2: players must assign one worker (or two workers) at a time to any chamber as long as he has available workers in hand.
3: players get the wage from the bank immediately and the wage is determined whether any sword has been completed or not by the moment during the current turn.

Also, I think
4: it is useful to have some component for keeping what amount a player produced during the current turn to judge the bonus token. Since even though the production is done one by one but sometimes it might produce zero or two productions, it is not directly the same thing as who has the most number of actions (or last action) during the turn.

5: Since each turn is lengthy than I though because of its rounding sequence, I think 12 turns are a little bit longer for my taste. 10 turns are enough or even 8 turns can work well.

I'll let you know our original misunderstanding system if I have enough time in next chance.

Anyway, we had fun time for this game.
Thank you again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.