Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Gibson
United States
San Diego (Scripps Ranch)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the scenario Bug River (with the Campaign Book):

1) Does the train begin with an infantry unit on the wagon and on the locomotive?
2) Once the units exit from the train at the station, can the train move in reverse to the right edge of the board and pick up new units to transport to the station again?
3) I don't understand the purpose of having the railroad tracks on the left side of the station. Are they cosmetic? Why would a train go past the station?
4) Can a plane fly over the train and launch a strike? If so, are hits grenades only?
5) Does the Air Power card hits take presidence over simply rolling grenades?
6) If the locomotive is in a center section hex and the wagon on a right section hex, can a right section card give the train an order to move?
7) The rules state: "Units cannot retreat throught any Train tiles." For clarification, I presume that means whether the train is blocking their retreat or not. Right?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Sebastopol (Ballarat)
Victoria
flag msg tools
That's Karl on the left. Eternity on the right.
badge
I love Melissa, but don't tell her. It's a secret if she can find this. Shhhhh....
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Can't recall. But if the train is loaded it is usually quite explicit in the scenario set-up.
2. No. You can't pick up new units to transport again.
3. Mostly cosmetic. After dropping off your men, you could push the train past the station to make a "wall". Be creative.
4. Yes, you can strafe a plane. Hits are as normal. think of the train like Artillery. Artillery only gets hit on a grenade, but on a fly over they get hit on their "grenade" but also the "star". Train is identical.
5. Yes, refer above. (again, think of the train as artillery)
6. Yes, I believe so.
7. Yes, consider train like any other unit when calculating a retreat. Units will take an additional hit if they must retreat and the train is blocking them. (e.g. you can NEVER hop onto the train)

Hope that is clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.