Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Markgraf
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Ad Astra Games’ Ken Burnside and I had a conversation about selling the Reinforcement Packs in traditional stores. Unfortunately, stand-alone counter sets have a history of poor sales in stores and are generally not welcomed by their proprietors. Ken asked if we could make some ADCs and scenarios to bundle with two or four Reinforcement Packs for sale in these outlets. I did a little bit of investigating and concluded that the first two weren’t far off of what we were already putting into the forthcoming Airborne Alert folio.

After a fair amount of thought, we have decided to withdraw the pre-order offering of the four Reinforcement Packs and re-offer them as two folio products incorporating a complete battery of ADCs, MDCs and scenarios! It is our belief that this will provide more of what the majority of our clientele want, while retaining the bulk of the content in the Reinforcement Pack offering. Both folios are expected to be released in 2009. All in all, this will yield 32 new ADCs, 12
new MDCs and more than 20 scenarios, in addition to the box-miniatures and missile tents that the Reinforcement Packs provided!

We want to thank everyone who pre-ordered the Reinforcement Packs. We actually made the order thresholds relatively quickly once they were placed on the Ad Astra Games pre-order page. Those who pre-ordered will be sent an email offering to convert their pre-orders to the new folios (in any combination desired.) Ad Astra is also offering to ship the two folios together in one mailing, for locations where shipping costs are a concern.

The new folios are available for preorder at: http://www.adastragames.com/preorder
There will be full announcements of the new folio packs on this board, shortly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Toltesi
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Calgary Wargamer!
badge
So many games...so little time!
mbmbmbmbmb
Please delete the thread announcing the four now-canceled expansions since that thread is above this one. I created a post asking for clarrification before I read this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.