Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

Can the loser of a combat activate again in the same impulse? I thought not but can't find it again.

Situation:
On the first CP of a French impulse, Massena in Milan attacks Charles in Venice. He is repulsed. Can he attack again as the second or third CP of the same impulse? If not, can you point to the rule?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernst Knauth
Germany
Erdmannhausen
BW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iamspamus wrote:
Hey all,

Can the loser of a combat activate again in the same impulse? I thought not but can't find it again.

Situation:
On the first CP of a French impulse, Massena in Milan attacks Charles in Venice. He is repulsed. Can he attack again as the second or third CP of the same impulse? If not, can you point to the rule?

Thanks.

11.6 OVERRUN
If all Units/leaders of a side in battle are eliminated - even if due
to rout, failure to retreat or Attrition suffered during a retreat - an
Overrun occurs. An Active Overrunning Formation may continue
to move with any remaining CPs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
More to the point, I think...

Quote:
9.51 ENEMY FORMATION: Entrance of a Duchy containing an enemy Formation requires stopping for immediate battle unless the enemy successfully evades (10.2). Further movement during that Impulse by the Active pieces in the battle is not allowed without an Overrun (11.6). However, an Active surviving victorious Formation may possibly place Flags with any remaining CPs as this requires no actual movement.

An active losing force may not move again; an active winning force may not move again unless an Overrun was achieved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. I knew it was there, just couldn't find it again. I'm also the one who "knows" the game in our group (Yeah right!) and so have to prove stuff a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.