Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Weir
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
If some have been taking note of my posts, re bad experiences with Automobile, I recant.

I entered into playing with the feeling Automobile should be good even if I had disliked its simple mechanics and after an excellent game with a totally different group of people, at ConVic last weekend, it all made sence.

Group think and not the game was the problem I think. In both games that I have commented on the teacher of the game, to mostly first time players, scared off alot of competition due to early production runs and average tiles.

I didnt win this game but as not one factory space was jumped, we with 5 players made it three quarters of the way around the board and most players were building all three types of cars I concidered it a great tence game.

The only difference was I suppose my jaded teaching off the game to begin with and making those learning aware that more than 20 cars could be sold explaining that an early production run followed by another in the next turn still left at least another 10 spots for the cars in demand.

I believe a little idea of possible pitfalls / strategy etc... must be explained to avoid repeats of poor gaming experiemces in this and all games I teach.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb

You don't often see someone admit a mistake on an internet message board. It's both shocking (takes maturity) and refreshing. Is this really the internet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Patterson
Australia
flag msg tools
lol

This actually is one of the most constructive and mature board I've seen.

Maybe they are hired actors?

Anyway to the TS do you find the game felt too loose before? Was it the lack of having to react to your opponents moves that made it seem lame?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.