Popular Tags: [View All]
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out BGN for details of the upcoming expansions and winners of the Small World Contest!

http://www.boardgamenews.com/index.php/boardgamenews/comment...

These look great! Can't wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Brown Deer
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sure they look great...but I think what we all wanna know is..

WHAT DO THEY DO?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wood
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm readying myself for the inevitable outrage-filled thread: "Priestesses: Sluttier than Amazons?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Why were we not in the movie?
mbmbmbmbmb
The Priestess and White Ladies look a bit too similar to me. Of course I have no idea what thier powers are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh P.
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like BGG is getting another exclusive promo: Leaders of Small World. Awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ormesher
United Kingdom
Dundee
Dundee (City of)
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And I would like to thank you all in advance. Not that I am big headed about winning AND getting a special BGG release at all.

Furelli
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking to pick up SmallWorld as a Christmas gift. Will I be able to pick the game, and two (or 3 if it's through BGG) expansions in one bundle?

I hope the answer is, "yes!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Wilhm
United States
EDMOND
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
TokenCon: Oklahoma's First Board Game Convention!
badge
Living my best life
mbmbmbmbmb
shake shake

Two of my entries into the contest involved Gypsies and Curses....I was on the right track, but waited until the end of July to send my entry because I was trying to squeeze in a little more playtesting...

D'oh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Why were we not in the movie?
mbmbmbmbmb
Furelli wrote:
And I would like to thank you all in advance. Not that I am big headed about winning AND getting a special BGG release at all.

Furelli

Any chance you can tell us what the leaders expansion does? cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Priestesses and gypsies as races?! Well, at least they are consistent with the sorcerers and wizards from the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:
Priestesses and gypsies as races?! Well, at least they are consistent with the sorcerers and wizards from the base game.

Gypsies a race? Sure why not. After all, they were originally Egyptians!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadowen wrote:
Gypsies a race? Sure why not. After all, they were originally Egyptians!

Oh!, I thought they were humans. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haverty
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woo, grats to all the other winners!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cast Ll'tor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Furelli wrote:

Furelli

Days of Wonder wrote wrote:
Leaders of Small World is a special non-race, non-special power game play option, and players can choose to use this option when picking a new race/power combination during the game. This expansion will be distributed exclusively through BoardGameGeek.com in November 2009 for a shipping and handling fee, with each person who entered the contest receiving a free copy of this expansion as a “thank you” from Days of Wonder.

Woot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Gaamessz... need more Gaammesz...
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
This expansion will be distributed exclusively through BoardGameGeek.com in November

so I assume this means that if we didn't enter the contest we can at least still order a copy of the expansion through BGG exclusive offer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kaufmann
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Deefer wrote:
Quote:
This expansion will be distributed exclusively through BoardGameGeek.com in November

so I assume this means that if we didn't enter the contest we can at least still order a copy of the expansion through BGG exclusive offer?

Yes, it will be available for non-entrants by ordering through BGG.

Mark - Days of Wonder

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ormesher
United Kingdom
Dundee
Dundee (City of)
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Beorndog wrote:
Furelli wrote:

Furelli

Any chance you can tell us what the leaders expansion does? cool

'fraid not. Sworn to secrecy. Signed confidentiality agreement and everything.

Furelli

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the base game already includes Wizards, Sorcerers and Amazons who appear to be humans, (and ghouls and skeletons as former humans) so I don't think it breaks theme for more human specialty races.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

Expansions that add extra bits to certain areas of the boards and make the game more tactical might have me more curious, but these...no. More characters with funny poses etc....shake

Regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a bit jaded with Days of Wonder because of how expansions of their base games were handled. Battlelore was a disaster. People waited ages for Memoir 44's expansions. Small World looks to continue that trend.

Why didn't they package these together? Why are they charging $10 for a few cardboard chits?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Yoder
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

MrSkeletor wrote:
4 expansions? WTF?
Why not just throw these 4 'mini expansions' into one box?

LankyEngineer wrote:
Why didn't they package these together? Why are they charging $10 for a few cardboard chits?

Because the game is popular, they're a business, and they know people will buy. It's called capitalism.

But if it that really bothers you, just petition Obama to force DoW to combine them all into one package and give it to everyone free rather than only those who put in a bunch of work. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
kvn299 wrote:
I'm readying myself for the inevitable outrage-filled thread: "Priestesses: Sluttier than Amazons?"

Kevin, I started a thread in General just so we know both the answer to who is sexiest (changed from sluttier) and a place for the outrage to begin!

Ready... start your engines... GO!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Alfke
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
JYoder wrote:
Because the game is popular, they're a business, and they know people will buy. It's called capitalism.

Sure. And we're just as free to complain about price-gouging as they are to set a price. And at $3.33+ per little cardboard chit -- whose concepts were given to them for free -- I think some complaining is in order. Hell, you get more bits than that with a Cheapass game, and those only cost $5!

JYoder wrote:
But if it that really bothers you, just petition Obama to force DoW to combine them all into one package and give it to everyone free rather than only those who put in a bunch of work. devil

If only the game had come out a few years earlier, I could have petitioned Dubya to invade SmallWorld on trumped-up charges of hoarding WoMD, and bring back free tokens for all of us. (I'm sure the whole war could have been completed in a month and would have brought peace and democracy to that benighted region.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Yoder
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

snej wrote:
JYoder wrote:

Sure. And we're just as free to complain about price-gouging as they are to set a price. And at $3.33+ per little cardboard chit -- whose concepts were given to them for free -- I think some complaining is in order. Hell, you get more bits than that with a Cheapass game, and those only cost $5!

I won't disagree. I just find it quite funny that game pricing is so often bemoaned at BGG... yet players keep buying. So what else should we expect from manufacturers?

snej wrote:
JYoder wrote:

If only the game had come out a few years earlier, I could have petitioned Dubya to invade SmallWorld on trumped-up charges of hoarding WoMD, and bring back free tokens for all of us. (I'm sure the whole war could have been completed in a month and would have brought peace and democracy to that benighted region.)

Again, I won't disagree.

I think it's disturbing that if one critiques a democrat, then others assume you must be a GOP fanatic and try to get back at you with some snide remark against the GOP. And, of course, vice versa. Why can't people address issues rather than blanketing entire parties and/or persons with assumptions?

However, I guess if Congress can't do it (GOPers not standing up to Bush in certain cases and Dems not standing up to Obama in certain cases) then I guess the people will simply follow suit.

Anyway, no hard feelings. *fist bump*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panagiotis Zinoviadis
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Among the Stars:The Ambassadors
mbmbmbmbmb
JYoder wrote:

MrSkeletor wrote:
4 expansions? WTF?
Why not just throw these 4 'mini expansions' into one box?

LankyEngineer wrote:

From your geekbadges, i see that you are a Battlelore fan. If you don't feel "robbed" out of the Troll expansion for the Battlore, then we take what we deserve....

Sorry for the heat but i really feel burned after the battlelore expansions and i am very sceptical about the new smallworld (small taking a new meaning) expansions. And the counter tray would be cool anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.