Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Several corruption cards reduce a hero's attribute, e.g. agility. However, there are no Level Tokens to track this reduction, especially if the reduction occurs to a hero's base attribute number. After re-reading the rules, I believe the following to be correct:
1. Level Tokens are only used to track when a hero has increased an ability. This increase (and the token) can never be taken away.
2. Attribute reductions due to Corruption cards are temporary, and therefore are not marked on the hero's sheet. The hero player must remember to apply the reduction when using that attribute.
3. Once the source of the attribute reduction is gone, the attribute returns to it's value on the sheet, or as marked by a Level Token.
4. Attributes can't be reduced below 0.

For example, Thalin has increased his wisdom from 1 to 2, and used a Level Token to mark the increase. He later gets a Corruption card that reduces his wisdom by 1. The "Wisdom 2" token remains on his hero sheet, but he must now remember to apply the effect of the Corruption card every time he checks his wisdom. If Thalin increases his wisdom again, a "Wisdom 3" Token is placed on his sheet, but the Corruption card would still reduce wisdom by 1 each time it is checked.

I'm not sure about #4, but #1-3 seem right. Please let me know if you concur or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those sound about right. Are there 2x of those Corruption cards (-1 Wisdom and -1 Agility) though? If no duplicates in the deck, they couldn't even go below 0 (too lazy to fish out the cards atm ).

Thalin at Wisdom 0. Oooh, boy, Peril deck will see a LOT of action !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found it helpful to use an "extra" marker to remind myself of my current (reduced) attributes. Seems easy enough to do. I don't think you need a rule for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
I found it helpful to use an "extra" marker to remind myself of my current (reduced) attributes. Seems easy enough to do. I don't think you need a rule for this.

What tripped us up was when an increased attribute was later reduced by a Corruption card. The hero player asked if she should remove the Level Token. It seemed to make sense at the time, because she could then just look at her sheet and know her attribute level. However, I think it's clearer to tell the players to never remove the level token, because you don't want to lose track that you previously increased it. Instead, they must remember to apply the effect of the Corruption card.

I agree with you, using a separate marker as a reminder is a good approach. I'll put some extra black wooden cubes in the box. I already give the hero players wooden cubes equal to their agility, so they can keep track of how many they applied to Strength at the start of a combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
What tripped us up was when an increased attributed was later reduced by a Corruption card. The hero player asked if she should remove the Level Token.

Like I said, I used one token to indicate the increased value, and another token to indicate the temporary decrease.

This makes it pretty obvious there's a corruption effect in play, so it's hard to overlook if the corruption is removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
mvettemagred wrote:
What tripped us up was when an increased attributed was later reduced by a Corruption card. The hero player asked if she should remove the Level Token.

Like I said, I used one token to indicate the increased value, and another token to indicate the temporary decrease.

This makes it pretty obvious there's a corruption effect in play, so it's hard to overlook if the corruption is removed.

Right. You just can't use one of the provided Level Tokens, because not all of the possible numbers are provided. For example, there is no token that says "Wisdom 1", because you can't increase your wisdom to 1. A token from outside the game would be needed, which is why I'll be using cubes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, you guys make it sound like you have SO many Corruption cards on the Hero that it's hard to track all the modifiers . Even though we've topped at 5, there isn't really that much to track. IMO of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.