Tory Niemann
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy!

This is Tory Niemann,the designer of Alien Frontiers. For those interested in this game, I've decided to keep a thread of updates to let you know what phase of production the game is in.

Currently, Alien Frontiers is in pre-production with Clever Mojo Games, publisher of Ogre Castle. Alien Frontiers has been playtested by a variety of people, but there are still rules tweaks and Alien Tech changes happening. The solution? More playtesting! I hope this round of adjustments is the final one, but the proof, as they say, is in the pudding (or in the gameplay).

The art, provided by the stellar Mark Maxwell, is moving forward. Some of his early conceptual sketches can be found in the picture gallery. Check out some of Mark's other work at http://www.aeromancy.us/. The style of Alien Frontiers will be a bit more whimsical than some of his previous work, but Mark's designs so far have been great.

Once the art and final rules are finalized, we'll move into the production phase. More updates as they happen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tory Niemann
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
More stellar art has arrived from Mark Maxwell. I've updated the gallery.

Minor rules tweaks are being tried out in playtesting today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
This looks and sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to further updates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
This one just showed up on my radar.

From what I have read, the mechanics look very interesting. I look forward to the release of this one - I would love to try it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tory Niemann
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
More changes to the game are being tested, mostly adjustments to territory bonuses and Alien Tech cards. My playtesters deserve many kudos for all the hard work they put in making this a better game.

Also, a nearly finished piece of artwork from Mark Maxwell has made its way to the gallery. Enjoy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tory Niemann
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for the game are moving closer to their final form after more playtesting. I feel that this will be the last iteration, but I recall saying that before!

The final board artwork is starting to come together. This is beginning to look like a real game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tory Niemann
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The march toward completion continues!

The final pieces of artwork are being completed this week, and blind play testing continues to help us sharpen the rules. Soon(ish) we'll have a ballpark figure on a street date for the game, which could mean pre-orders...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tory Niemann
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Alien Frontiers is (almost) here via Kickstarter.com!

You can pre-order your copy at Kickstarter.com by sponsoring at the $50 level. If you want to get exciting bonuses just sponsor at a higher level to get rewards like the art book, a giclee print, or actual original painted game art.

We've set our goal for $5,000 in 60 days, so spread the word! We hope to start production very soon (hopefully) so that the end of that time frame isn't too far from when the game will be available. We will still produce the game if the Kickstarter project is unsuccessful, but this will help us get the game out to the public much faster.

Alien Frontiers on Kickstarter

What is Kickstarter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow...We've made it onto Kickstarter's Recommended List.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/by/recommended

And we've got 9 backers already. 8 backers at the $50 pre-order level and 1 generous backer at the $200 pre-order and art book level.

Thanks and keep on spreading the word.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tory Niemann
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
(I really need to update this more often!)

Our Kickstarter goal of $5000 has been reached!

And then, our Kickstarter goal has been doubled!

And now, our Kickstarter project has reached over $12,000! I am frankly blown away by the response to the game. Every preorder we get is a step closer to getting Alien Frontiers to gamers hands soon.

And still the project marches on. Six more days to go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tory Niemann
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
On 6/15 we signed a manufacturing contract with Panda Games Manufacturing for our first run of 1000 copies!

If everything goes according to plan, Alien Frontiers will be available to the public in October!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tory Niemann
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Our Kickstarter project is officially over. A big thank you to everyone who backed us!

All told, we had 228 backers who pledged 14,885 dollars and 1 cent toward the project. 250 copies of Alien Frontiers were pre-ordered, which is a full quarter of our initial print run! The support we've received from our backers is amazing and helped make this game happen.

For those of you who did not get a chance to pre-order via Kickstarter, traditional pre-orders will begin soon through Clever Mojo Games website. However, the extras like the Space Crane card and rocket tokens are exclusive to our Kickstarter backers.

If everything goes well in manufacturing (knock on wood), the game should be available in mid October!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tk421 wrote:
For those of you who did not get a chance to pre-order via Kickstarter, traditional pre-orders will begin soon through Clever Mojo Games website.

As promised...anyone who missed the Kickstarter funding project can now pre-order through our website.

http://www.clevermojogames.com/alienfrontiers/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Witchey
United States
Laguna Hills
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David, I simply can not wait to get a copy of Alien Frontiers. What a great introduction to Kickstarter.com.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kickstarter process was fun and easy...though a bit on the time consuming side preparing all those image giveaways and updates. Still, I really enjoyed the whole process and the Backers made it all worthwhile with their support.

Today, we play tested the Alien Frontiers: Outer Belt expansion that Randall Bart is designing. It was a lot of fun and I think it's a great first step to a nifty expansion to the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.