Subject: BGG New User icon? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Figsak FTW
United States
Lavergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Referring to the BGG New user icon under my name to the left here.

At what point does that transition into something different?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
When you are no longer a new user.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
A more helpful reply would be "After 30 days".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Figsak FTW
United States
Lavergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Geosphere wrote:
When you are no longer a new user.

Problem solved everyone! Nothing to see here! snore

Bearcat89 wrote:
A more helpful reply would be "After 30 days".

Gotcha. Thanks for the info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It goes away after 30 days. If you are an admin, game publisher, or game designer, you get one of those badges. Otherwise, it costs 50GG for a geekbadge that you can customize, and another 50 to upgrade to one of the uberbadges, that are larger and can be images (like my trees).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
They're both wrong. It won't transition into anything. It will just go away. So support the site and start contributing and you can load up with supporter badges, microbadges, am avatar and a GeekBadge and then UberGeekBadge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Figsak FTW
United States
Lavergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
indigopotter wrote:
It goes away after 30 days. If you are an admin, game publisher, or game designer, you get one of those badges. Otherwise, it costs 50GG for a geekbadge that you can customize, and another 50 to upgrade to one of the uberbadges, that are larger and can be images (like my trees).

Yeah, I'm only working with the GG I manage to panhandle via forum chat. Getting 50gg sounds like aceing the SAT's to me.

I'll just be happy to get rid of the paper hat that says "trainee" after 30 days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Alvaro
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Figsak wrote:
I'll just be happy to get rid of the paper hat that says "trainee" after 30 days.

I think its actually a good thing for people to know you are a new user. I know I try to be extra helpful when I see that newbie hat. Look at it as a license to ask a lot of "dumb" questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GMOFreePortland.com
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
ii desu. It is good.
badge
No, I have no idea.
mbmbmbmbmb
blindspot wrote:
Figsak wrote:

I think its actually a good thing for people to know you are a new user. I know I try to be extra helpful when I see that newbie hat. Look at it as a license to ask a lot of "dumb" questions.

That means you will be expected to know everything after 31 days!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blindspot wrote:
I know I try to be extra helpful when I see that newbie hat.

I've got a microbadge for you! mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Figsak wrote:
Yeah, I'm only working with the GG I manage to panhandle via forum chat. Getting 50gg sounds like aceing the SAT's to me.

Panhandling's for rubes. Click-and-write's the way, daddy-o.

Click: take good-quality pictures of your games, their components, and people enjoying them

Write: session reports are easy. Reviews take more work but are more rewarding.

I used to be daunted, too. In early days I geekmodded a lot, and watched the pennies and dime trickle in. Then I got serious about contributing (becoming a supporter netted me a HUGE chunk of ), and had my full complement of badges in no time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Figsak FTW
United States
Lavergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
blindspot wrote:
Figsak wrote:

#1. Air does what?
#2. I know VCR stands for Vertical Cat Rocket, but why does mine only make funny noises and produce alot of smoke when said cat is inserted?
#3. It's general knowledge that when God goes bowling, he makes thunder. Who does god bowl against? And do they know he's a ringer?
#4. Do bears REALLY sh*t in the woods? Because I found some in a bag on my porch. (I think the bears are trying to burn my house down...soblue )

I can ask these for the next few days, I'm fully licensed and accredited to ask dumb questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Figsak FTW
United States
Lavergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
tommynomad wrote:
Figsak wrote:

Panhandling's for rubes. Click-and-write's the way, daddy-o.

Click: take good-quality pictures of your games, their components, and people enjoying them

Write: session reports are easy. Reviews take more work but are more rewarding.

I used to be daunted, too. In early days I geekmodded a lot, and watched the pennies and dime trickle in. Then I got serious about contributing (becoming a supporter netted me a HUGE chunk of ), and had my full complement of badges in no time.

I don't LITERALY panhandle. I just meant I only deal with GG that is donated to me while in the due course of forum chit chat. I'll support the site eventually, I'm just out of work right now, so donating to anyone other than my wife will cause me some problems.shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
You really need to join us in Chit Chat. You're a natural fit and you'll have geek-pennies raining down on you in no time!

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Figsak FTW
United States
Lavergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I'll slip over there eventually. This forum is a bit much to take in. I'm delving into it in bits and pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.