Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed that, along the two long sides of the board, the text has intentional space added between words near the cut in the board. It appears this space was added so the cut did not interfere with the text. However, whoever was in charge of cutting the boards put the board in the wrong way, causing the cut to be through the text instead of the space. If they had just flipped the board around, it would have lined up properly.

Is every second edition board miscut this way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Onstad
United States
Donald
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now you got me curious I'm going to have to check both mine.

edit: yes & yes. Unfortunately I have no idea if they are from different print runs. I bought one myself & was given the other one 2 years later and have no idea as to its history.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
John Coltrane - Both Directions At Once: The Lost Album
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
I noticed that, along the two long sides of the board, the text has intentional space added between words near the cut in the board. It appears this space was added so the cut did not interfere with the text. However, whoever was in charge of cutting the boards put the board in the wrong way, causing the cut to be through the text instead of the space. If they had just flipped the board around, it would have lined up properly.

Is every second edition board miscut this way?

Mine isn't. In fact, the cut runs through the word 'DRAW' in the Woods space so that part of the 'R' is on one piece, and part on the other when disassembled. It is very well cut, and entirely legible when you put the pieces together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have solved this mystery.

The first edition of the game used a single four-fold board. The fold and cut for the board went right through the gap in the printing. I guess whoever was in charge of the layout for the board was pretty smart.

However, GW used the exact same art for the second edition board. Since this board is a puzzle board, the cut is not straight down the middle. Therefore, it will not land directly in the gap.

Also, damn, the puzzle board warping is annoying. I tried to backbend it, but it doesn't help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kSwingrÜber
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
Also, damn, the puzzle board warping is annoying. I tried to backbend it, but it doesn't help.
The way I "cured" this problem is actually quite simple... just stack the boards front to front, then back to back. Once the other components are piled on top of the stack, in the box, it seems to kinda "unwarp" the boards. This trick worked for a couple other GW puzzle-cut boards as well (such as Blood Royale).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.