United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The compass always points to Terrapin.
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I'm very tentatively considering ordering custom Elder Sign dice. My inspiration? Jean Davias' beautiful custom dice here:

The more people that order, the cheaper the discount. I've already contacted Chessex, and as long as everything else is the same, we can mix and match dice colors and still get the discounted price. So, I'm asking people who are seriously interested to please contact me with the following:

* how many dice you're interested in
* how much you're willing to spend per die (it will be somewhere in the $0.50-0.75 range)
* whether you want the Elder Sign on the 1 or the 6?

I'm leaning towards the 1 for the Elder Sign; we'd either all need to agree on the same thing or order two separate batches (with a lesser discount for each batch).

Everyone who participates will pay a proportional share of the shipping to get the dice to me, and then pay full shipping from me (US, East Coast) to you. I've no problem shipping over seas, but you'll be liable for the full shipping cost, which could be a fair amount. I have 16mm Chessex dice here, so I can estimate the shipping weight if anyone needs it. I'd be happy to arrange local drop-offs or delivery to BGG.CON for people where that helps. Payment would need to be by USPS Money Order or PayPal with a possible surcharge (I don't have a free account).

Again, I'm only considering this at this point, trying to see what the interest level is.

Update Orders now being taken through Friday, September 25th @ 11:59pm EDT (UTC-4). See http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3945439#3945439 for details.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dippel
United States
Merrick
NY
flag msg tools
Commentary! The OverText
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an awesome idea, Joe.

I'd be in for a dozen at up to $0.75 each.
I think that the Elder sign should be on the one, and I love the color of the dice in Jean Davias' picture.

How many do we need to order to keep it in that price range?

Thanks,
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Black
United States
Moraine
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too would be interested in picking some up. I'm thinking about two dozen with the Elder Sign on the one, and that color is nice, although if you can get a similar style in a green, I would like those too. Either way. If we can keep the price down below $1.00 a piece, I would be interested.

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vaughn Sandor
United States
Monroe Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
The BBC series is far better than the excellent NBC one. Now go watch it.
badge
This is not me but I have been known to dance like David Brent on occasion.
mbmbmbmbmb
jeppster wrote:
cdippel71 wrote:

I think that the Elder sign should be on the one, and I love the color of the dice in Jean Davias' picture.

Thanks,
Chris

Exact same request for me.

Same here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
The heroes we deserve!
mbmbmbmbmb
Vaughn wrote:
jeppster wrote:
cdippel71 wrote:

Thanks,
Chris

Same here.

Same here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Packard
United States
Palmdale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vaughn wrote:
jeppster wrote:
cdippel71 wrote:

Thanks,
Chris

Same here.

And same here. Depending on total cost and a little more thought I might go for something between 12 and 24 dice, but I don't see wanting less than 12.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see a green version of the dice as well. I like the red, but AH usually has a green-feel to it. The pattern is good enough though

I'd go for 12 Red and 12 Green

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Gamez
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll take 12 of the ones in the picture and 12 others in a similar Green color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
What size dice are these?

I got rid of the standard size ones that came with the game and used the smaller (12mm i think?) dice. I can fit a lot more in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hrm, that's a good point. I personally prefer the larger dice than smaller ones. I guess "standard"? Don't care about the room in my box, got plenty of it, they just feel better in my hands

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Packard
United States
Palmdale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeppster wrote:
WhiteKnight85 wrote:
And same here. Depending on total cost and a little more thought I might go for something between 12 and 24 dice, but I don't see wanting less than 12.

What, the standard # of 5 is too few? What?!? I don't even!

I don't understand what you're saying.

If I wasn't clear, I was saying that like the other posters ahead of me, I'm interested in a dozen of the dice. I further said that once we find out what the total cost is (I have no idea what the shipping cost would be from Joe's house to my house), I might request as many as twice the number that I originally asked for, but I want a minimum of 12.

If you're wondering why I (or anyone else) would want more than the 5 that came with the game, it's because frequently any one roll involves more than 5 dice. But more importantly than that, there's normally 4 or 5 players in our AH games. It's very convenient to spread the dice around so that we're not continually handing over dice to one another.

So one or two dozen dice is a good amount for this game.

Or did I miss your point?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Packard
United States
Palmdale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As for color, I'd vote for the red shown in the photo in the OP. However, the green is good, too. If the majority votes for one or the other, I'm happy with either choice.

If two colors are ordered, then I'll ask for an even split (and probably push the total to 12 of each color).

Am I being indecisive? Maybe....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Brychel
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested in 12 to 24 as long as they stay at 1$ apiece or less.
My group(s) prefer the elder sign on the 6

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't the OP say we could mix/match colors as much as we wanted to? Hence the desire to have both red and green

And definately, I currently have over 20 white dice for the game, so we can share around the table. Having colored with the elder sign on the ONE (not the six ) would just make it cooler

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would get around 16 if the price per die were $.75 or less. I don't care where the Elder Sign goes; it seems like the early consensus is on the 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Z.
United States
Marlton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested as well, between 12 and 24 depending on price. My game is in the mail so it's hard to decide how many having never played but I definitely want these. Very VERY cool.

Also where are you on the east coast?

Shipping wise, flat rate USPS boxes should be cheap and best way to ship I think unless a padded envelope is even cheaper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lane Rimbey
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in 12 or so (depending on final cost) and in green.

elder sign on the one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Nicolaysen
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Oooh, I'd be incredibly interested. At $0.75, I'd buy about 10 dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
Put me down for about a dozen. Isn't an Elder Sign a good thing, though? So shouldn't that be on the 6? 1's typically suck all around (unless you have a Curse to get rid of).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Packard
United States
Palmdale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:
Put me down for about a dozen. Isn't an Elder Sign a good thing, though? So shouldn't that be on the 6? 1's typically suck all around (unless you have a Curse to get rid of).

Agreed, but to me it just feels as if the ES should be the 1. It looks more like a 1 than a 6.

I don't have a better reason than that for my vote that it be a 1. When they're rolled, my eye interprets it as a 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Asplund
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1) Given what everybody else has said, I'd have to go with 12. Honestly, I would have gone with 6, but I don't want to feel like the odd guy out and after some consideration, 12 seems like a good number.

2) $0.50 to $0.75 is great. I could probably be talked into a little higher ($1.00) if there's good reason.

3) It should be on the 1, mostly for aesthetic reasons (and to keep it consistent with every other novelty die in the world).

I like the color as pictured, personally. If there are two options (i.e. a green, as some have suggested), I would be willing to go half and half. If they end up more towards the $0.50 range, I would even consider bumping it up to 24 (12 of each color).

Seems like a great idea, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in for 12, green please, with the Elder sign on the 6-side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue (They/She)
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While my brain brings up Grudunza's point, my gut will always see that Elder Sign and see it as a 1, because there's only 1. So I'd agree that's what it should probably stand for.

Now that I've looked up the Elder Sign used and seen that it's clipart (don't want to be ripping any artists off!), I would love a set of these in the pictured Scarab red with Elder Sign 1s. I'd be in for 2 dozen at up to $.75 a die, and I'd prefer to pick 'em up at BGG.con. This is awesome, great idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Any price $0.75 or under and I'm game for 12 Green and 12 Red with the Elder Sign on the 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be good for two dozen, and I'd be agreeable to either all 24 in the red color, or 12 in red and 12 in green, if we're doing that.

$1.00 or lower for each die would be great for me.

Don't have a preference on the Elder Sign -- on the one hand, yes, it "feels" like a 1, but on the other hand, it's typically a good thing, so that would put it on a 6 -- whatever everyone else is happy with works for me.

TL;DR -- 24 dice, either all in red or half red, half green. $1.00 or less is good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.