Antiquity» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about manning Hospital and Dump pollution resolution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
greg909
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks, I have 2 questions:

-Hospital needs to be manned, ok. But since its power can be used during phase 2, phase in which you can move a worker from a building to another, is it allowed to man the hospital to clear graves then send the worker on another building? I know the market can be used that way, therefore it sounds logic hospital can too.

-In the case of 2 players having a manned dump, if the only unpolluted hexes left in their each own ZoC are sitting in BOTH zones, what happens to pollution markers each player have to place in phase 9? My guess is they are forced to take graves instead, considering that the 2 dumps prevents pollution on land.

Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler McLaughlin
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
Talk
badge
Words
mbmbmbmbmb
You can not use the market that way. A man in a building can only have one job a turn.

As for the dump, you will pollute in current turn order come phase 9.

Ler

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
You may move your workers freely from building to building, but once you use any of them, the guy remains there for the entire turn. As Tyler already said, neither the Market nor the Hospital can be used and then left unmanned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would not say freely.

There is an explicit "All Rise" phase. This is the only time workers can be taken off the city building they are allocated to. And during this phase, all are removed.

A worker can be allocated to any building during the "City Building" phase or can remain unallocated. Workers allocated during this phase remain where they are until the next turn's "All Rise" phase with the exception that workers in Cart Shops or Explorers perform their function during the appropriate phase and are removed accordingly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Ýes, it is freely. Phase II is there to plan ahead for the current round. You move your workers here and there, re-think your plans, move them again, until you've found the optimal setup for this round. Every player does this secretly. Phase I, All Rise, is a dummy phase that just makes sure you know that you may rearrange your workers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
e.e.goings wrote:

As for the dump, you will pollute in current turn order come phase 9.

Yes, you will pollute in current turn order, but in the case described by Greg, it's important to note that you won't actually pollute. Greg, you're right that if all of the unpolluted spaces in both player's zones of control are also in the other player's zone of control, and both players have a manned Dump, then both players will be forced to place a grave for each pollution that he or she would have had to place.

As others have already said, the Market and the Hospital both require a man to be committed for the entire turn, even though their benefits occur during Phase 2, so the guy has to sit around for the entire turn even though he's already allowed you to trade or remove graves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.