tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As with any sexual theorizing, an amusing combination of fantasy and generalizations based off "these girls I know."

Alternatively just another example of conspiracy theorists who need to find some over-reaching model that connects everything they don't understand into a neat package that brings "order" from chaos.

On a scale of 0 (the former) to 10 (the latter) I'd place this around a 4
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sargent
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
Thoughts?

The author doesn't understand how percentages work. Among other things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
My thoughts:

If it's intended to be funny, you need to work on the spelling.

If it's intended to start a conspiracy theory, you need to work on the theory.

If it's intended to get you laid, invest in hand lotion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course Darth must not be a member or he wouldn't have posted this.

Or should I have said you male chauvinist pig Darth how could you even conceive of such a thing. Of course women are pure and cheat less then men. Don't you want to find true love? You'll never get it acting like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
msg tools
badge
DarthXaos wrote:
Thoughts?

Three come to mind:

1. People calling themselves "Tyler Durden" are on the same level as people who call themselves "DarkRaven HeartScar" and "EdwardCullenLvr23." You're not Tyler Durden, but keep dreaming that you could actually be cool if you really wanted to be. File it under your goals, right after spending 10 years at the Shaolin Monastery but before becoming a Navy Seal Super Assassin.

2. This continues the DarthXaos vicious cycle: Until he gets laid*, he's going to keep posting this socially retarded mix of clueless pseudo-psychology and wishful thinking. But as long as he finds this nonsense interesting enough to post it, he's never going to get laid. Catch-22!

3. This is about the third time you've posted some variation this sorry "OMG HERE'S HOW TO GET LAID FOR REAL" scene and asked for people's thoughts. Can't you predict them yet?

*by a non-hooker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SH W
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dysjunct wrote:

2. This continues the DarthXaos vicious cycle: Until he gets laid*, he's going to keep posting this socially retarded mix of clueless pseudo-psychology and wishful thinking. But as long as he finds this nonsense interesting enough to post it, he's never going to get laid. Catch-22!
*by a non-hooker.

I just don't feel this is a proper use of Catch-22, but I can't put my finger on where is the issue. I guess I'm part of the 48% that don't get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dysjunct wrote:
DarthXaos wrote:
Thoughts?

Three come to mind:

1. People calling themselves "Tyler Durden" are on the same level as people who call themselves "DarkRaven HeartScar" and "EdwardCullenLvr23." You're not Tyler Durden, but keep dreaming that you could actually be cool if you really wanted to be. File it under your goals, right after spending 10 years at the Shaolin Monastery but before becoming a Navy Seal Super Assassin.

3. This is about the third time you've posted some variation this sorry "OMG HERE'S HOW TO GET LAID FOR REAL" scene and asked for people's thoughts. Can't you predict them yet?

*by a non-hooker.

I was on notice with the unironic use of "Tyler Durden".

It lost me with the unapologetic use of "shrowds". Ah, the wisdom of shrowds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
msg tools
badge
bbenston wrote:

Standing in line at the store with my booze a bit ago, I was struck by how much this stuff ("Secret Society," "Pick-Up Artist," etc.) is really just a male version of Cosmopolitan.

Equally predictable and false pipe dreams about happiness and success, and YOU TOO can be just like our sexy cover model! And every issue is the SPECIAL SEX ISSUE! I wonder if "Tyler Durden" knows the "12 Secret Signs She's Really Into You!" or "How To Have Bad Boy Sex!" or "Check out the results of our survey of 1000 smokin' hot chicks who want to BONE YOU RIGHT NOW -- the answers MAY SURPRISE YOU!!!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dysjunct wrote:
bbenston wrote:

Standing in line at the store with my booze a bit ago, I was struck by how much this stuff ("Secret Society," "Pick-Up Artist," etc.) is really just a male version of Cosmopolitan.

Equally predictable and false pipe dreams about happiness and success, and YOU TOO can be just like our sexy cover model! And every issue is the SPECIAL SEX ISSUE! I wonder if "Tyler Durden" knows the "12 Secret Signs She's Really Into You!" or "How To Have Bad Boy Sex!" or "Check out the results of our survey of 1000 smokin' hot chicks who want to BONE YOU RIGHT NOW -- the answers MAY SURPRISE YOU!!!"

I dunno. Cosmo at least isn't trying to pretend.

I note that their online version has instructions on how to build a pergola, and a smattering of recipes.
The Secret Society version would be some sort of recipe that'd sell itself as a legal version of roofies -- "really! just sprinkle a little Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce in her lemon iced tea and she'll totally do you!1!11!!11", combined with some tool's completely misogynist tips on getting the best Thai hooker experience.

Oy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
According to Tyler Durden wrote:

They also fuck their gay boyfriends or jerk them off or give them head. They're part of the secret society too, so they can't be left out.

Damn Nate... I had no idea I had been failing to fulfill my duties as both your friend and fellow secret society member. What .... 4 or 5 Cons now and I have never given you a BJ or a handjob? You should have told me. I am so embarrassed. blush
Can you ever forgive me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If this guy is getting as much sex as he claims, we shouldn't rule out competing hypotheses until we test them.

For example, it could be that women are really turned on by a combination of bad grammar, bad math and bad writing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
If this guy is getting as much sex as he claims, we shouldn't rule out competing hypotheses until we test them.

For example, it could be that women are really turned on by a combination of bad grammar, bad math and bad writing.

If this guy were getting as much sex as he claims, he wouldn't have time to write.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
perfalbion wrote:
Chad_Ellis wrote:

If this guy were getting as much sex as he claims, he wouldn't have time to write.

Now, now, this isn't the time to jump to conclusions. We're examining possibilities.

Maybe you've got it backwards. Maybe he's getting so much sex that he has to think of crazy ways to keep it interesting. Like, "OK, I'm going to write an essay about how to get laid while you're on top and I have to finish before either of us orgasms."

At least it would make the terrible writing, math, grammar, spelling, etc., understandable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
Maybe you've got it backwards. Maybe he's getting so much sex that he has to think of crazy ways to keep it interesting. Like, "OK, I'm going to write an essay about how to get laid while you're on top and I have to finish before either of us orgasms."

There's an image that the Kama Sutra never considered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
perfalbion wrote:
There's an image that the Kama Sutra never considered.

No laptops back then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Kinney
United States
Bellefontaine
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:

Dumb women with low standards get lonely too.

Come to think of it, they're the linchpin in all those 'Get Laid NOW!' spiels. That and having no standards of your own of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
Starting with 'all women are the same' is already a mistake. No matter how you describe that theoretical woman and what she wants, using the same tactics with every single one just lowers your chances.

Different women have different tastes, and find different things attractive. It just happens that some men have so many good, diverse traits and skills that they are considered attractive by a very wide variety of women.

Instead of keeping reading the kind of junk you C/P'ed in the OP, how about making a female friend, and after making sure she understands who you are, ask her what parts of your persona are being a problem. As an added bonus, you might get at least some respect for women, which it seems is sorely needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
BagpipeDan wrote:

Alternatively just another example of conspiracy theorists who need to find some over-reaching model that connects everything they don't understand into a neat package that brings "order" from chaos.

This sounds like a description of various religious beliefs.
"I have faith in my ability to het laid!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Sandall
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn Lynette, you trying to make me die of embarrassment?blush

Just two things:
1. I went to the con to play games, not hook up
2. I had another offer that was more up my alley
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
dysjunct wrote:
File it under your goals, right after spending 10 years at the Shaolin Monastery but before becoming a Navy Seal Super Assassin.

Great, thanks for broadcasting Darth's secret plans to everybody.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthXaos wrote:
Thoughts?

It would have been nice to have seen some.
(with apologies to Gandhi)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Heart full of soul, head full of shit
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
dysjunct wrote:
Standing in line at the store with my booze
True story, and major derail: I was once at Boston Beer Works drinking their most excellent Peanut Butter Porter, when I look over and I see the Beer Advocate guys. They are bothers, and their picture is in one of the local weekly rags, as they write a weekly column. So I introduce myself, and I proceed to completely stump them with this bit of beer trivia:

What does the "OK+" mean on bottles and cans of beer?
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Hint: There's another topic active on RSP that overlaps with this question

They had no idea, and frankly acted rather prickish and Massholish about it. To add insult to injury, in their next column they wrote a fake letter to themselves, "asking" themselves the question that I'd stumped them with, and then waxing eloquent about the answer, and the history behind it.

DAMMIT! NO ONE STEALS MY PEDANTIC THUNDER ON ANY TOPIC, ESPECIALLY BEER-RELATED! NO ONE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
msg tools
badge
Jeez, what losers. All the more reason for Aldie to start beer.geekdo.com.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoshBot wrote:
dysjunct wrote:
Standing in line at the store with my booze
True story, and major derail: I was once at Boston Beer Works drinking their most excellent Peanut Butter Porter, when I look over and I see the Beer Advocate guys. They are bothers, and their picture is in one of the local weekly rags, as they write a weekly column. So I introduce myself, and I proceed to completely stump them with this bit of beer trivia:

What does the "OK+" mean on bottles and cans of beer?
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Hint: There's another topic active on RSP that overlaps with this question

They had no idea, and frankly acted rather prickish and Massholish about it. To add insult to injury, in their next column they wrote a fake letter to themselves, "asking" themselves the question that I'd stumped them with, and then waxing eloquent about the answer, and the history behind it.

DAMMIT! NO ONE STEALS MY PEDANTIC THUNDER ON ANY TOPIC, ESPECIALLY BEER-RELATED! NO ONE!

I think maybe the next beer should be one without all that caffeine in it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.