Subject: Fortress question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spacegras
Canada
St. John's
NL
flag msg tools
Bring on the hordes, we have the sword that smote the Goblin of Gygaxnor.
badge
HooDoo Operator
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,
I'm just reviewing some things I ran into while playing a couple of test rounds today solo. I'm probably going to be asking alot of questions, some may have been answered before, But I try prev posts first. So please bear with me.

My fortress question is a bit of clarification.

14.1 Occupying Fortresses
Quote:
Brigades and Armies can be placed inside the fortress only when Activated, Recruited or when an army is Attacked.

Does this mean a Brigade that is not inside when an enemy army comes to attacked, it is stuck out side?

Since a brigade cannot be activated on it's own, it has to remain in or out of the fortress, wherever it was recruited. Right? Well, that is unless the above statement is incorrect and both armies and unled brigades can move inside if being attacked.

Thanks
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hmmm, its possible to Recruit an Unled Brigade in an Area that has a Fortress...

There are no markers to show whether it is inside or outside.

It is not a Army, so cannot enter the Fortress as a response to being attacked.

The rationale could be that the integral garrison is not going to allow anyone else inside, without official leadership.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok.

What it means is that an UNLED brigade that is outside the Fortress may not go inside. Brigades with Leaders may do so up to the Fortress limit.

As to recruiting a brigade in an area with a Fortress, you would indicate whether it is in or out when it is recruited. Once you have done this it must remain in that state unless and until that Brigade becomes led.

All actually clear in the rules through reading the pertinent sections together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spacegras
Canada
St. John's
NL
flag msg tools
badge
HooDoo Operator
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as I thought, I really just wanted a confirmation.
Thanks
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Buergel
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Chris,

Just to provide the relevant rules cite, 14.1 tells you what to do with things inside the Fortress: "A limited number of Brigades can be inside a Fortress (place counters under the PC marker to indicate what is inside) as against in the same Area." There are no markers, you just place them under the PC Marker in the Fortress Area.

[EDIT: Removed reference to unled Brigades being able to move into a Fortress when attacked, that was incorrect.]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Um Joshua?

It does not say that. Only Armies can be placed inside the Fortress when attacked. Unled Brigades cannot. That is in 10.1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Buergel
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Brain fuzz, you're correct. I've edited my post above to avoid confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spacegras
Canada
St. John's
NL
flag msg tools
badge
HooDoo Operator
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool guys,
Thanks. I knew I was worried too much about wording. I've got it now.
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.