BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: how do i post an image rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
brian martin
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
i have a cute gaming pic id like to post how?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have a personal gallery. Go to My Geek > Gallery, upload your image, then copy the image number. Go to the post where you want the image, click the little camera icon, and paste in the image number. It will look something like this:

[ imageid = 123456 ]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh P.
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the pic is game components, people playing the game, or a creative use of the game, you can post it for all to see.

-First, find the page for the game through the search box above.
-Under the picture of the game, click Browse ### Images.
-Click Upload Image.
-Read the Image Uploading Guidelines. Make sure the image is not copyrighted (unless you have explicit written/verbal permission to post it). Make sure there is no watermark.
-Make sure to pick the appropriate category and give your photo a useful caption. The worst database is a disorganized database.
-Wait for the image to be approved/rejected.

Lots of images get rejected because they were blurry, poorly cropped/rotated, duplicates, etc. Don't be upset it it gets rejected. It's a community database, and there is no rule that the community has to like your photography. Just try to learn why it was rejected so you can do better next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.