Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
H J

London
msg tools
badge
mb
Howdo.

I'm interesting in getting CIOTW, but I wondered if FFG were likely to release a new version of the game with the correct rules in it. The thought of buying something which I know to be wrong - especially when I'll have to work very hard to find people for a game - rankles a bit.

Any thoughts?

Ta.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Katsoufis
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
badge
Do you seriously believe that BGG ratings matter that much?
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know anything about a new version but the only mistake on the rule book is Khorne’s dial advancement condition. The Slaanesh mistake is on his Power Sheet. Everything else is right.
I suggest you buy the game as is and print out the Official FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Just buy it. The errors are on the examples in the rulebook and the one misprint on the Slaanesh card which is easy to remember. If anything, they may post up the correct PDF on their website. The only way this will be corrected is if the game sells out and they issue a 2nd edition.

It's a great game, the best of the year. Get it and you won't be sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Placerville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you want I can make the fix for the slaanesh card. Just requires a little photoshop work nothing serious. Then you just have to take it up to Office depot or related store and have them print and cut it out with their super awesome printers.

Edit: Enjoy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Marsh
United Kingdom
Holsworthy
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that. Just printed it off, now my game is perfect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H J

London
msg tools
badge
mb
Well, I just ordered it. I should get it tomorrow from Amazon.co.uk - I'm on a trial of Prime - and we've got a family friend coming over on Thursday, so we should have four players. (If they can be persuaded.)

I'll be sure to make use of that snazzy powersheet thing, too.

Thanks all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Davies
United Kingdom
Winchmore Hill
London
flag msg tools
Lv 30 Lawful/Evil Human Dungeon Master
badge
In Toruk's name!
mb
I queried whether they would be releasing either a PDF or a second printing with the FFG guys. Apparantly with Games Workshop IP, EVERYTHING has to go through a very significant approval process. A PDF paste up seems the most likely but even that will take a while, I wouldn't hold your breath for a revised printing anytime soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hultgren
Sweden
flag msg tools
Too bad. FFG usualy fix errors for second print runs, so I asume they want to do the same here if they can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Meyer
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There should certainly be a reprint to fix the errors, and to create more durable cultists. 'Just Buy It' is out of the question right now, considering the shoddy quality so far. I'm happy to play someone elses copy though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
John Coltrane - Both Directions At Once: The Lost Album
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LordBullingdon wrote:
'Just Buy It' is out of the question right now, considering the shoddy quality so far.

I couldn't disagree more. CitOW is the best best purchase I've made in some time, because it's minor imperfections are dramatically outweighed by its incredibly high play value.

I've bought any number of lesser games that were perfectly printed yet were worse purchases, because they sit on the shelf while I play Chaos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Meyer
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
LordBullingdon wrote:
'Just Buy It' is out of the question right now, considering the shoddy quality so far.

I couldn't disagree more. CitOW is the best best purchase I've made in some time, because it's minor imperfections are dramatically outweighed by its incredibly high play value.

I've bought any number of lesser games that were perfectly printed yet were worse purchases, because they sit on the shelf while I play Chaos.

It's a great game, but it's foolish to purchase it. The component quality is crap. I'll leech off of someone elses foolishness for now. I love FFG, they're probably my favorite publisher, but it's wrong to reward them for crap, I already feel a little burned on the mini's from Middle-Earth Quest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LordBullingdon wrote:
Sphere wrote:
LordBullingdon wrote:

It's a great game, but it's foolish to purchase it. The component quality is crap.

I completely agree with Sphere. I am looking at the game set up right now. I am trying by best to imagine what would make someone say that these components are "crap". I am totally nonplussed by that assessment. Though the colours are a bit busy, everything looks great to me. My cultists are in perfect shape. There is something slightly ugly about the colour scheme (especially the look of the figures in relation to the map) but that is exactly appropriate to the theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Seriously, the "imperfections" are overstated. It's ok if you want to demand 110% perfection but you are only screwing yourself.

There is one printing error. One. That is a lot less than Battlestar Galactica. And not only did they not correct the BSG error, they didn't even give corrected cards in the expansion. And the expansion had it's own printing error as well. You get over it and you move on.

The figures are a design shortcoming and aren't likely to change. MEQ was a legitimate production error and they are fixing it. I had two broken Cultists. I got two replaced Cultists and my set is fine. Will it last? Most likely not. If it gets to the point they keep snapping off, I'll just trim it off so they all match. Done deal.

So while you have every right to express your disappointment and tell FFG how you feel by withholding your purchase, you are really just doing yourself the disservice. But frankly, if you called my games crap and shoddy and called me a fool for purchasing it, you wouldn't be playing at my table. So good luck to you and your protest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now, now, Brian, isn't there some rule about "...turn the other cheek...?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Aging One wrote:

I think that was a misprint as well... devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
LordBullingdon wrote:
It's a great game, but it's foolish to purchase it. The component quality is crap. I'll leech off of someone elses foolishness for now.

What a guy. Ridiculing his friends and fellow gamers for being stupid while "leeching" off of them. With friends like you...gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Aging One wrote:

I think that was a misprint as well... devil

RotFLoL!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hultgren
Sweden
flag msg tools
The problem with bent banners are pretty easy to solve:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4009247#4009247

Broken ones are obviously a bigger issue, but FFG seems up to the task for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.