New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
At least Detroit is polite enough to not make you think they can win the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Figsak FTW
United States
Lavergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
My buddy just scored almost 200pts on me in our FF league. Tom Brady pounded both your Bill's and my FF team with that 4th quarter game stealer.

Worse than being a lions fan? I'd say being a Steelers fan. You just KNOW at least half of those guys are band-wagon bettys. That same guy is a Yankees fan. You know the type.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Taoist, Pittsburgh Sports fan, and welcoming to people who are kind, from any walk of life.
badge
I have been playing games since the Atari 2600, Candy Land, Chuttes and Ladders, Go Fish, & the Apple ii. Supporting "the Geek" since 2006
mbmbmbmbmb
Figsak wrote:
My buddy just scored almost 200pts on me in our FF league. Tom Brady pounded both your Bill's and my FF team with that 4th quarter game stealer.

Worse than being a lions fan? I'd say being a Steelers fan. You just KNOW at least half of those guys are band-wagon bettys. That same guy is a Yankees fan. You know the type.

Sir, Have you ever had a chance to find yourself in Pittsburgh during football season for the past two or three decades? Steelers fans may get on a player's case, but they never fall out of love with the team.

When outside of Pittsburgh, if you run into Steelers fans, those likely are not bandwagon jumpers, but economic transplants who have taken residence in that area for work. Ours long has been a region of population exodus following the closing of the Steel mills and the economic fallout.

But yeah, it's just awful being a fan of a team who has won more Superbowls than any other NFL team. Since having the highest crowd attendance at their two Championship rallies this decade, And sold out stadium attendance for twenty years, they sure need to get some really dedicated fans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey we are going for TWO perfect seasons in a row!! How many teams can say that huh?

cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Figsak FTW
United States
Lavergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Redbeardin84 wrote:
Figsak wrote:

Sir, Have you ever had a chance to find yourself in Pittsburgh during football season for the past two or three decades? Steelers fans may get on a player's case, but they never fall out of love with the team.

When outside of Pittsburgh, if you run into Steelers fans, those likely are not bandwagon jumpers, but economic transplants who have taken residence in that area for work. Ours long has been a region of population exodus following the closing of the Steel mills and the economic fallout.

But yeah, it's just awful being a fan of a team who has won more Superbowls than any other NFL team.

I know 2 guys who are Steelers fans. One has never lived anywhere but Chicago and one has never lived anywhere but Nashville. One of these guys I've known all my life and he's a total fairweather fan. It's interacting with these 2 that I've learned to hate the Steelers.

Go TITANS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Taoist, Pittsburgh Sports fan, and welcoming to people who are kind, from any walk of life.
badge
I have been playing games since the Atari 2600, Candy Land, Chuttes and Ladders, Go Fish, & the Apple ii. Supporting "the Geek" since 2006
mbmbmbmbmb
Then you need a larger research sample.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Figsak FTW
United States
Lavergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Redbeardin84 wrote:

One of them weighs close to 400lbs. Is that large enough?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
Figsak wrote:
Redbeardin84 wrote:

Do they have a beard?

Or a monkey?

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Figsak FTW
United States
Lavergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
DKahnt wrote:
Figsak wrote:
Redbeardin84 wrote:

Do they have a beard?

Or a monkey?

-DK

No, no sir I don't believe he has either of those. He does however have phase 2 congestive heart failure.

GO TITANS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Figsak wrote:
Redbeardin84 wrote:

Again, I ask if you have even seen a Steelers Fan? Your boy needs to eat a few Primanti sammiches and try again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Figsak FTW
United States
Lavergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Redbeardin84 wrote:
Figsak wrote:
Redbeardin84 wrote:

Again, I ask if you have even seen a Steelers Fan? Your boy needs to eat a few Primanti sammiches and try again.

They have the best record in the history of the NFL. I'm sure half the ppl I know are Steelers fans for that reason alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Figsak wrote:
Redbeardin84 wrote:
Figsak wrote:
Redbeardin84 wrote:

They have the best record in the history of the NFL. I'm sure half the ppl I know are Steelers fans for that reason alone.

Actually, I don't think that they do. In the superbowl era, maybe, but those Packers might have an even deeper history prior to that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Figsak FTW
United States
Lavergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Our quotes are getting obscene.

Don't get me started on the packers. My dad is a Packers fan. According to Wiki, the BEARS actually have the most game wins ever. Packers #2.

Bum bum bum...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See that? I was wrong when I was correcting you.

And sorry for your thread Oct. You know how the passionless, undedicated Steelers fans are like.

I was pulling for your Bills. there. Too bad your Kickoff Returner wanted to be on SportsCenter. He got his wish, but not in a way he would choose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bass
United States
St. Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Worse? How about being a Rams fan? At least Detroit and Buffalo put the ball in the end zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
Excuse me? Is everyone forgetting the Texans?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hopefully becoming a restaurant owner soon! Peter Melanson
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently the Lions got a surprise at training camp this year...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
At least Detroit is polite enough to not make you think they can win the game.

I'll see that and raise you the Bengals. At least the new Bengals. The 90's Bengals have morphed into the Browns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Matchen
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where the hell is Ben?

On a personal note, I can't believe my Saints scored 45 points in a game. I still remember the era when Morten Andersen was their only consistent scorer (and they still had a winning record--geaux, Saints D!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
Marlowe_PI wrote:
Where the hell is Ben?

You honestly think I want to get involved in this conversation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Matchen
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
vandemonium wrote:
Hey we are going for TWO perfect seasons in a row!! How many teams can say that huh?

cry

The Bucs tried to go 2 years in a row, but they ran into the Saints team that was probably much worse than last year's Lions. But they still have the record of losing their first 26 games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eagle-Eyed Superhawk
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
Oh, America, what have you done.
mbmbmb
SVan wrote:
The Bucs tried to go 2 years in a row, but they ran into the Saints team that was probably much worse than last year's Lions. But they still have the record of losing their first 26 games.

And a noble record that is. But the Bucs did eventually win that whatsitcalled game, the Super Something-or-Other.

The Lions caused their greatest player ever to retire early and suddenly in despair. How many teams can say THAT? zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
Hobbespm wrote:

laugh That was SPECTACULAR! Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
Zedsdead wrote:
SVan wrote:

And a noble record that is. But the Bucs did eventually win that whatsitcalled game, the Super Something-or-Other.

The Lions caused their greatest player ever to retire early and suddenly in despair. How many teams can say THAT? zombie

I'd feel bad too but he was an ass to me so I don't care

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.