Subject: Forum Option Suggestion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Figsak FTW
United States
Lavergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
One thing I find myself wishing I had was an option to collapse and expand the forum sections. I typically only post in the NEW USERS section, SOUTHEAST section and CHIT-CHAT.

As you can see, there's alot of scrolling involved to get from one to the other.

I know it's a small convenience, and a not very easy to make happen, but that's just something I feel would make my daily forum surfing a LOT easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Figsak.

Not sure if you know about these already, but they might help you navigate easier:

1: Customise your home page - add just the modules you want to see. (link)
2: Use the QuickBar - save up to 100 links to your favourite pages. (wiki link)
3: Set up subscriptions - get notified of content added to your favourite forums (link)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Belgium
De Panne
Bachten de Kupe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
col_w wrote:

3: Set up subscriptions - get notified of content added to your favourite forums (link)

I found that the best way to follow a forum is:
1. subscribe to the forum, but only to new threads, not to replies
2. read every new thread, and subscribe to the thread if interesting. This is automatic if you reply to the thread (if your subscription preferences are set so...)

FYI: link to the subscription preferences: http://boardgame.geekdo.com/subscriptions/prefs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Figsak FTW
United States
Lavergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I wasn't aware you can customize your home page. Thanks for the info on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.