Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are marker to be used on fabric, I would use them.

I would make a template and draw around it and reproduce the pattern, OR use a pattern with holes in each corner, then with a ruler, draw the lines in between. You'd have to use the pattern again, over and over again.

It's a lot of work, good luck (and more importantly, patience!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
norman rule
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to check scrapbook stores or art supply stores for a hex stencil. Seems to me I remember one from when I took drafting in college.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Escobedo
United States
Rockville
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Freezer paper is sticky and makes a great stencil. According to my wife it's what everyone on Craftster (BGG for Crafters) uses.
The other option is to purchase a ready-made stencil from some place like litkoaerosystems.com.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Litko stencils are $45 shipped. I had no idea these existed. Felt mats are about $30 or so. There is no cheap way to get a hex mat out there, unless you want to invest hours and hours. I had a laminated paper mat in a mailing tube I got in a tray for use with Heroscape, but she who must not be named threw it away, thinking it was an empty mailing tube.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Roberts

Unspecified
msg tools
http://sparhawk2.home.mindspring.com/Terrain/hexplus.htm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
Aljovin wrote:
There are marker to be used on fabric, I would use them.

I would make a template and draw around it and reproduce the pattern, OR use a pattern with holes in each corner, then with a ruler, draw the lines in between. You'd have to use the pattern again, over and over again.

It's a lot of work, good luck (and more importantly, patience!)

If you have good contrast between the colors of the dots and the tablecloth, you might not even have to connect the dots. It can give you a more open feeling map with a lot less work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm reasonably sure this works, but you might want to test in advance:

1. Cut-out hexes from waxed paper.
2. Iron the cloth and lay it out flat.
3. Arrange your wax-paper hexes so that 2 in every 3 spaces is uncovered, with the wax side down, then iron them onto the cloth. The wax melts just enough to make them stick, but they peel off easily.
4. Spray with light-coloured paint, and allow it to dry.
5. Add a second set of wax-paper hexes, covering every second one of the hexes that was painted in step 4.
6. Iron, spray with a dark colour.
7. After the second colour dries, peel off the wax paper. You may want to spray a final time with a clear coat.

In theory you should end up with a pattern similar to a hex-chess board:

Good luck.

-R
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝpun uʍop ʞǝǝƃ
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Souds like you're approaching this from the point of view of a whole hex. I'd look at it as a series of intersections. The easiest template you could make would look something like this:

You could cut that out of an ice-cream container lid, draw a series of horizontal lines across your table cloth, level it up and spray away.

Alternatively, you could spend more time on a detailed stencil and less on spraying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.