United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
For various and a sundry reasons I have started using Google Chrome. I've always been a Firefox man. Anyhoo...

The one thing that really bugs me about Chrome is that I can not find any way to make the url bar work as a drop down for recently viewed pages. Other than that It is pretty groovy.

I've been looking for a hack to make it work the way I want (essentially what FF or Internet Exploder do by default) Has anyone happened upon such a hack?

thanks,
el "trying to get used to Chrome" Van

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Osmotic Trickster
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Down along the creek, I remember something
mbmbmbmbmb
Right click the Back button.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davek wrote:

I thought you left click and hold down the back button, but it's on my other computer, so I can't check. It's definitely one of those though.

What I want is for my History in Chrome to be categorized by site, like it is in IE. Like, I don't need to see 500 different entries for BGG. They should all be below a BGG folder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
davek wrote:

Nice! That is very close. That is the info I want, is there a hack/macro something I can add to the url field button? That'll do, but I likes what I likes and ideally, I'd like it to work the way I like it.

Heh. Darn close to perfect. Thanks!!

ps - are y'all finding that Chrome runs at warp speed? It is just blowing away FF and is not even comparable to IE on some of my sites.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
vandemonium wrote:
davek wrote:

Nice! That is very close. That is the info I want, is there a hack/macro something I can add to the url field button? That'll do, but I likes what I likes and ideally, I'd like it to work the way I like it.

Heh. Darn close to perfect. Thanks!!

ps - are y'all finding that Chrome runs at warp speed? It is just blowing away FF and is not even comparable to IE on some of my sites.

I too have made the move to chrome. The ads are almost driving me crazy enough to switch back to FF. But not quite. . . .

You're talking about the FF awesome bar which is indeed awesome and I miss badly.

I love the speed of Chrome. I do all of my personal work in Google apps so they work slicker than slick and the UI is so very friendly, big and open.

I do miss my ad free browsing and the awesome bar and the comfort of running no-script. But for my daily browsing, chrome is tits.

The Search History feature in chrome is very strong. Ctrl+h = deep search for words throughout your browsing history.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.